• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to organize local adjustment presets in collapsible Folders/Collections

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working in multiple fields of photography, I have many local adjustment presets. It is time-consuming to scroll through the full list, as there is no mouse scroll capability. It would be great to organize the local adjustment presets into folders or collections (Real Estate, Retouching, Details, etc.)that can be displayed in the preset list as separate sections and can be collapsed. Similar to the Develop Presets. 
One essential part of this suggestion is to remove the default Lightroom local adjustment Presets on top of the list. I believe they are not beneficial to many people and can use the room up there.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
24 Comments
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day all,

Over time, I have developed more than 40 local adjustments presets, and now I'm running out of screen space. When I open the "Effect" tab, the list is so long that to reach the bottom I have to click on the down triangle to reveal the rest of the presets. I still don't' understand why the mouse scroll doesn't work with this list. Anyway, I need to remove the top 17 presets that are in-built in Lightroom to free up some space. They do not exist in the preset folder C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Local Adjustment Presets. Only the ones I created are there.

My Google search didn't return any answers. Please share your knowledge with me. It will save me heaps of time in post.

Default Lightroom adjustment brushes.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder you mention is the user folder for custom presets. Presets that come with Lightroom are stored in another folder, but I don’t think you can remove these presets except by hacking the application.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Johan has indicated, the local adjustments listed are stored elsewhere e.g. (application package on Mac). While it's possible to remove them they'll be instated next time Lr updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! As I stated, the presets are NOT in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Local Adjustment Presets

Do you know where are they located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ian. Can you please point to how they can be removed? I am happy to take the effort and delete them with the updates.

I think they actually showed up not long ago. Maybe one or two updates ago. Someone in Adobe decided it is a good idea to fix something that is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the factory presets will be difficult to impossible.

I would do something like renaming your presets to start with an underscore so that they are all grouped at the top of the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Joe,

These are always on top regardless of the naming.

I still can't comprehend how Adobe would put such useless presets that the user can't remove. There is got to be a way to delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the top 17 presets are coded into the app, thus they cannot be deleted by us end users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates on this topic in mid-2021? These are getting in the way more and more.

Adobe, please make those customisable presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change, still the same klutzy 17 names at the top of the menu that are completely useless to most users.

Please add your constructive opinion to this feature request:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-ability-to-organize-adjustm...

and be sure to click the Vote button at the top left and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest 11.1 release of Lightroom and the huge masks and local adjustment updates, Adobe hasn't made any steps in improving the ability to organize the presets or delete the default (useless) presets at the top of the list. 
The feedback forum that johnrellis mentioned, is now read only. Nothing can be posted or voted. Looks like Adobe doesn't want our ideas of improovment anymore. 
I will keep coming back and bump this thread in the hope that it will someday be noticed by Adobe official and taken in consideration. Living you comment here will help that happen.
Happy 2022!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old feedback forum has been merged with this forum's Bugs and Ideas subforums. Unfortunately, not all the bugs and feature requests from the old forum got copied over, including this one, which had 14 votes:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-ability-to-organize-adjustm... 

I've asked Adobe to copy it over -- I suspect that Effect (local adjustment) presets will become much more heavily used, driven by the new masking tool.

Meanwhile, other readers, please see this Idea just posted by @RAD Films:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-ability-to-organize-local-adjustment-preset...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving this a bump too - crazy that these can't be hidden or removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The major changes to masking, many of which I have been wishing for years now, (thank you - thank you) increases its use and now a new request. Any move to enable mouse scrolling of Brush Presets and/or abilty to change the list order and/or allow collapsible lists/folders would be greatly appreciated. I suspect (and hope) that the increased use of masking/brushes will generate some renewed interest in this request which has been around for some time it would seem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could we get some changes made to the adjustment brushes so that we can add some organization. The list is just way too long once you start adding more in. This would be greatly appriciated and a big headache saver!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`d like to see the folders for Local Adjustement Brushes, the same one that we have in Presets, in some of the next new version of Lightroom. If you have many Local Adjustment Brushes it is so, so,so painfull and to slow to scroll and find the brush that you need and want! If we have a folders it would be possible to group brushes (D&B, Landscapes, Portraits, Lights, Colours etc...) and easily and faster find brush that you need. I suppose that many users alredy had same demands, I dont know, maybe it has some technical limitation but this is the weak point of  Lr, just for me,  a long time ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also a grouping of the Local Adjustment Presets like with the development presets, where you can hide and unhide the single groups, would be helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since LR Classic 13 there is a search function for the own development presets. A search function for the presets for the brushes etc. would also be desirable. !

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just checking to see if Adobe has released any information about this at the end of 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Urgent Call for Feature Update: Organizing Local Adjustment Presets in Lightroom

Hello Adobe Lightroom Community and Development Team,

I'm revisiting the feature request initially posted on December 25, 2021. The request focuses on a critical enhancement needed in Adobe Lightroom: the ability to organise local adjustment presets into collapsible folders or collections.

- Summary of the Issue:
Many of us, working across different photography fields, find it cumbersome to navigate through an extensive list of local adjustment presets. This process is made more challenging without mouse scroll capabilities. A key part of this enhancement includes the ability to remove or reorganise the default Lightroom local adjustment presets that currently dominate the top of the list.

- Community Insights and Suggestions:

- Persistent Need: Users have consistently struggled to manage many local adjustments.

- Expert Opinions: Community experts have acknowledged the challenge but noted the difficulty in removing default presets due to their storage in separate folders.

- Recent Discussions: There’s a growing call for features like collapsible lists and a search function for better preset management.

- The Urgency for Adobe’s Attention:
As Adobe continues to enhance Lightroom's capabilities, especially with the recent improvements in masking tools, the need for this organisational feature becomes more pressing. It’s not just a matter of convenience; it’s about ensuring an efficient and user-friendly workflow for the diverse Lightroom community.

- A Direct Appeal to the Adobe Development Team:
We understand that developing and integrating new features is complex. However, this particular update is not just a request but a necessity echoed by many in your user base. We strongly urge the Adobe development team to prioritise this enhancement, ensuring that Lightroom continues to be a tool that evolves with its users’ needs.

- Continuing the Conversation:
I encourage our community to share further insights and experiences on this topic. Let’s keep this conversation active and visible to ensure our collective voice is heard.

Looking forward to seeing this much-needed feature in upcoming updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pop up list of adjustment defaults when using a brush (or other mask tools) always has the defaults on top which are mostly useless. Selecting on of those top default items almost never makes the adjustment I need. It just applies the same amount I used last time. Say I create a mask (brush) and select 'Clarity'. I still have to go down to the clarity slider and make the adjustments as I want them. So there is no time saved or makes things easier. It is the same as just creating the mask and directly go to the Clarity slider and make the adjustment. As a result I have created my own custom presets and have not used the defaults for years. 

Please either make these default presets deletable or at least move them down to the bottom of the list where they belong. User created presets should be the priority item in this list. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate