• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add the possibility to disable full image preset preview

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest update, full image preview has been added when hovering presets.
While this is fantastic and really useful most of the time, when handling large files like stitched panoramas, my computer crawls to a stop as my 7700K is maxed out for each preset.
Could it be possible to disable that in the settings for such case ?
Thanks

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018
Lightroom Classic CC 7.4, released today, now allows you disable this feature in the Preferences.  Download it and flip the switch!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018
Thanks for the input, if there are some in this group that are hit particularly hard by the current behavior and would like to be part of a small limited-time test group to look at proposed behavior changes, send me a message with your Adobe ID to f l o h r at adobe.com. (but remove the spaces)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018
We are currently looking into options that will satisfy both users who need to preview preset application in Loupe view, and those who need to disable it. The existing feature request has been around quite a while to turn this on but it is obvious further tweaking of the implementation is needed. 

To flesh this out a bit: We have a size-able group of users who like this new behavior as well as a large group for whom this is a workflow disruption. How would you prefer to see the disabling of this ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
134 Comments
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that is a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

Recently I update the Lightroom. And I have a massive issue with speed performance. Basically, you guys change in develop module presets preview. When I hover my mouse above presets its start loading preset preview straight away on the main editing picture.

Specification of my computer is MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3. What I think is the latest from Apple.

I don't mind if this future is there for better-performing computers but if slowing down latest Apple laptop product then should be some options to shut down this future and only have the normal preview in the left top corner as in privius version.

If maybe someone knows where can be switch off this future I will really appreciate the help? I speak with one of the agents via online conversation from Adobe and he told me that I should return to an older version of Lightroom. But I like this colour profiles and all this jazz that they put together so I'm looking for a solution from the development team.

Best regards

Jure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Live Preview of presets (when hovering over the preset) is great, and a feature that many have requested. Unfortunately it was released without an option to turn it off. It uses massive system resources to draw these live previews with every mouse over, and it's slowing things down.
Please just include a check box in the preferences dialog box to turn it off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea! I merged your post to this thread so your vote will get counted with the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea! I merged your post to this thread so your vote will get counted with the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely needs to be implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please offer the ability to turn off preview on the main window when hovering over the preset name.  I'm using a top spec'd Late 2016 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar w/Radeon Pro 455 GPU, and LrCCC quickly slows down as you scroll thru presets and it has to render the main screen for each one.  This is crazy.  The laptop gets hot quickly and the fans spin up.  Between this and the issue with the presets, I'm looking at downgrading to the previous version until Adobe fixes these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please, just add a little button to disable this great feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 7.3 update / overlaying presets over selected image rather than navigation window is terrible, and theres no way to turn/toggle this new development off. Slows down workflow and is immensely irritating. - Forced to revert to LR 7.2

Solution - DEVELOP toggle ON/OFF for this function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd just like to add my vote to add a preference/toggle/switch in order to disable this feature.

I don't use Develop Presets to add single 'filters' or affects, I (like many others) use them as shortcuts to frequently used settings eg. 'Clarity +10', 'Clarity +20', 'Tone Curve: Medium', 'Tone Curve: Strong' etc. etc.

When your cursor rolls over the list of presets LR tries to dynamically generate a preview on the main image for every preset the cursor touches on its way to the desired destination.

This very quickly causes LR to bog down, become sluggish, and CPU usage climbs very quickly to around 400%, the fans soon start up to cool things down - editing very quickly becomes an unpleasant and unproductive experience.

I think it's a great feature, I just don't want it on all the time during standard image processing workflow.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget to click the "Vote" box at the top of the page! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It may be a good Idea for PReset Collectors not knowing how to develop a pic without a preset. 

But if you use them for special puposes - ISO depending noise reduction, special ground sharpening - basically shortcuts to prevent clicking on five buttons and adding 3 values on the right instead of one on the left, it is more than ridiculous ... CPU goes up instantly, the fans are speeding up, and lightroom is slowing down ...

PLUS the problem with creating folders to rearrange presets - no preset in a folder, no folder to see ... super helpful ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, there needs to be a disable switch for this. Besides bogging down my system and Lightroom, it confuses me into thinking I've already applied the preset which can seriously mess up my pro work flow on weddings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder sometimes if these 'improvements' are implemented for their user base or simply made for Adobe's investors to feel like apps are constantly 'improving'...

As a power LR user, I feel the dehaze slider should have always been located beside the clarity slider. Adding Adobe profiles above other panels is imposing, and preview rollovers (the ones being addressed in this thread) are frivolous. Not much of an update if you ask me (which no one did :). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jbedford - YES. We often say the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We definitely need and option to turn off preview! My workflow was cut in half because of how slow it makes my mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

200% need to switch this off! When I am running through my normal presets on jobs the machine is battling to keep up and also I can't keep track of what I have already applied when I accidentally hover over a preset I don't want to use. It's messing up my workflow badly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree - I have a bunch of presets that I want available but rarely use, and now when I scroll up and down the list my computer wastes time and CPU effort trying to preview all.  Because the scroll bar is on the left, the only way to avoid this is to very carefully navigate the mouse up and around the preset list then scroll, which is much much slower than being able to roll the scroll wheel on the mouse.  I understand that some people may find this preview behaviour invaluable, but I for one don't! Please add an option to enable / disable so we can choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to LR via Creative Cloud. Until this update I was very happy with performance, but this morning, I tried the profiles and my PC was struggling to keep up with the previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree.  Please add the option to turn this off.  Also, pleasse add an option when exiitiing Lr, to cancel and continue working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget to click the "Vote" box at the top of the page! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this get sorted out? It shouldn't be an "idea", it should be an urgent Adobe to do NOW item since it is affecting production for countless numbers of photographers who unwittingly installed the update.

I am actually slack-jawed that they could release something so poorly implemented. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, Dallas. I can’t believe the devs didn’t give the option to turn the option off. From the getgo, I was like “huh. A new feature. If it worked I ‘might’ use it but it doesn’t so where’s the off button? Oh they didn’t include one”. Unbelievable.

I’ve rolled back to 7.2 until this can get sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this needs to be a “fix the major bug ASAP” type of patch... but in the mean time I just downgraded to 7.2 and things are working fine. Just wait for Adobe to get things sorted before updating, similar to when a new OS version is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is nonsense. It's a major bug. This "update" is not even an update but some kind of joke. Preset list messed up, some memory hungry previews. The worst "update" ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate