• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add the possibility to disable full image preset preview

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest update, full image preview has been added when hovering presets.
While this is fantastic and really useful most of the time, when handling large files like stitched panoramas, my computer crawls to a stop as my 7700K is maxed out for each preset.
Could it be possible to disable that in the settings for such case ?
Thanks

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018
Lightroom Classic CC 7.4, released today, now allows you disable this feature in the Preferences.  Download it and flip the switch!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018
Thanks for the input, if there are some in this group that are hit particularly hard by the current behavior and would like to be part of a small limited-time test group to look at proposed behavior changes, send me a message with your Adobe ID to f l o h r at adobe.com. (but remove the spaces)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018
We are currently looking into options that will satisfy both users who need to preview preset application in Loupe view, and those who need to disable it. The existing feature request has been around quite a while to turn this on but it is obvious further tweaking of the implementation is needed. 

To flesh this out a bit: We have a size-able group of users who like this new behavior as well as a large group for whom this is a workflow disruption. How would you prefer to see the disabling of this ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
134 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New features are great - but user need's full control and optimizations on the back end.This ask is probably the first of many!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And do make haste. This annoys the hell out of me. I7700+32GB all ssd, lagging like a .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a disable feature.... slows my brand new computer which has been running great to a crawl because of this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a way to disable this "feature"... slows EVERYTHING down!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also downgraded back to 7.2. smh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I was wandering why my LR was crazy slow after the update. Sounds like it's not just me... Brushes and spot correction tool completely freezes up even on my normally super quick RAW Small files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has to be a way to turn full screen preview off soon. You can't even scroll down to History without hovering over presets, major distraction as well as CPU/fans run at max all the time.

Edit. Decided to roll back to 7.2, this is probably the first time ever I go back to an older version on any software since 90s. Preset based editing is just impossible when live preview flashes every preset when scrolling/hovering preset list and the computer is constantly running super hot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE implement this. Its SO annoying scrolling around and my entire program is lagging because its trying to load 50 different presets. I don't want it on my full image, it makes everything slow and frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an error that happens under some weird set of circumstances that slipped through the cracks in testing. The person doing the programming on this feature got feedback on their screen during each and every iteration of the programming process. So too the QC folks. The results were in plain sight... not masked by the complexity of the program.

This is a glaring example that Adobe has MAJOR issues with how they go about the process of development and for sure QC. If someone in Adobe wrote a specification for the programmer as to how this feature should work, with all of the recent emphasis to improve the speed, it seems STUPID that the spec did not address speed in some manner. 

If the programmer did not raise a flag during programming to the spec writers, also STUPID.

If the QC folks did not test it out on a broad spectrum of computers (which I highly suspect from other releases they don't) and say "hey guys this ain't gonna fly with the customers" this is also very STUPID.

I guess the real QC folks (we users) did object!

You had at least two chances (programmer and QC steps) at not letting this one out the door before it was ready for users. But you blew it. When oh when will Abode learn from their mistakes of the past? Remember the definition of stupid... doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Adobe: your "process" needs serious work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta agree on the majority sentiment in here that producing a preview on simple mouseover is less than mature design. Adobe must be coding on some very fast machines to not notice this problem. I want to move the mouse around without having it activate things just by hover. It is not so hard to click on an item you want to preview, and double-click to actually apply it.

Perhaps the designer would rather be making a GAME. Please don't do that here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please please add this ASAP. Lightroom slows to a crawl as I am selecting my presets, and then inevitably a preset that I've hovered over gets "stuck," OR I will click the preset and it doesnt actually change the settings but it LOOKS like it changed the settings because the preset is stuck on there. So then after I think Ive edited it, I am about to export and find that some of my files aren't edited. Is there any way I can downgrade to the previous version of Lightroom Classic? I only installed this version because I installed a new SSD drive and did a clean install of everything. Everything is faster now EXCEPT Lightroom Classic due to this preset resource hogging issue and its just killing me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way I can downgrade to the previous version of Lightroom Classic?
In Creative Cloud app click the down-arrow next to Lightroom Classic CC and select 'Other Versions' then 7.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently rolling back to v7.2 because of this issue.  I cannot stand to have presets previewing on the large image (in addition to the small navigator window) as the mouse hovers over the preset name and also, my new laptop is sluggish.  Sigh, I lost a lot of time yesterday and today trying to work on a few client's photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good way of implementing this new "preview over hover" feature (if you don't want to have to switch it on in preferences) would be to have it only activate while hovering and holding down a keyboard button like CMD or ALT. That would be efficient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another frustrated user with a request that this be added to a checkbox. I was happy enough with the small preview in the navigator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that, I am downgrading today! It's the only way I can get any work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutley agree!!! 

I have a monster PC, but over 200 personal presets... slooooooowwww

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's ridiculous how slow it is. Even I notice some problems when I try to crop an image always I get for a half of second previous one that I crop on the main image. Not sure why but this last update was a big mistake. 

Please, this need to be fixed as soon as possible as paying monthly for this kind of development team is not looking good for future reference.

Regards

Jure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently looking into options that will satisfy both users who need to preview preset application in Loupe view, and those who need to disable it. The existing feature request has been around quite a while to turn this on but it is obvious further tweaking of the implementation is needed. 

To flesh this out a bit: We have a size-able group of users who like this new behavior as well as a large group for whom this is a workflow disruption. How would you prefer to see the disabling of this new behavior? 

Off by default and on by a preference setting?
The reverse (On by default and turned off by a preference setting?)
A non-preference way of activating/deactivating (button, keystroke, etc)?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking only for myself, I would prefer off by default but I understand this may be a highly requested feature for others (those with super high powered computers and few presets, perhaps), so on by default is fine as long as it can be disabled if desired!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also in the Off by default camp. As mentioned in a previous post it would be nice if you could activate the full size preview only by holding down a button (like CMD or ALT) while hovering over the preset. 

Also, I can't be 100% certain now as I have reverted back to 7.2 but am I correct in remembering that the preset preview was being shown as the first step in modifying a RAW file and not taking into account any previous changes? If that is the case (and I'm sure it was) then that's problematic in its own right. I'm sure many of us apply presets sequentially so if you are looking at a preview of a preset that doesn't take into account any previous modifications then it's pretty pointless as a feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off by default. Also at this point, it would nice to know when this is fixed as most will be using 7.2 until it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless this can be programmed to be much faster, I would vote for OFF by default. I would also suggest that Adobe should strongly consider “recalibration” of the manager who made the decision to release this version in its current state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes great idea, to have an option, personally it would be better to use while holding a key down rather just off or on.

We must be one of the few that don't have problems with this, have a 200k  library of images many  and lots of presets loaded, the only problem come across so far thats affected our work flow was the crop tool showing the previous image turning off the Graphic processor has sorted this until you get a fix.  

Info if it helps running an older  Mac Pro 3.2 Quad-core Xeon 24GB Mem L/R is running on an SSD drive, graphics ATI Radeon HD 5770 with a mega 1024mb    OS High Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said Richard !

Votes

Translate

Translate