• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Allow Lightroom Classic to move the filmstrip into a vertical position.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title basically. it sucks working fullscreen and have two  giant spaces between my navigator and my development settings at the sides of my image. I cant find the setting to move the filmstrip as a window around.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
13 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm sure I saw someone demo how to move the filmstrip,which is horizontal by default, to a vertical position. Wide screens mean you have lots of width but not so much height. How on earth do you do this? Rgs Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Lightroom Classic question?

I haven't seen such a thing. As far as I know, the positions of the panel in Lightroom Classic are not movable (you can make some of the panels wider or narrower, but you can't move them)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DJ thanks for prompt response. Yes LR Classic question. I can find nothing on the internet but I'm sure I saw it with my own eyes on a LR tutorial eg Anthony Morganti or similar 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I leave it to you to search your browser's history

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this may refer to the Adobe Camera Raw interface. That used to have a vertical-scrolling area on the left side only, then an update moved this down and made it horizontal-scrolling similar to LrClassic's fimstrip.

An option is available in ACR settings, to revert to the vertical location at the left side. But AFAIK there is no way to arrange things that way in LrClassic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks very much all for the support 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you where looking at Bridge where you can move sections around and then save a workspace.

2020-10-31 09_44_47-Inbox - Gmail Edc45 - Mozilla Thunderbird.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The filmstrip can be switched to vertical in Camera Raw, but that isn't an option in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLS WHY ISNT THIS POSSIBLE

It's so annoying on a 21:9 screen to have huge grey empty areas but the filmstrip down below is taking up valuable space!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of flexibility in the LrC Display you can collapse, top, bottom, left an right panels. When they are collapsed and you hover over the triangle to display or click to expand.

LrC is an Alternative to Bridge / Camera Raw trying to get one to function like the other will only lead to frustration, make a choice.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't, but there is an alternative that works quite nicely, especially on an ultrawide screen. First, make you main Lightroom window smaller than the screen. Leave a 'gap' on the right side. It means you need to drop out of any type of semi-full screen mode. Next, activate the 'Secondary Screen'. Most people think this option is limited to two real screens only, but it is not. You can open it as a window and place it anywhere you like, even on the main screen and even if you only have one screen. Obviously the secondary screen should also not be set to full screen mode to make this work. So resize the secondary screen window to fit the gap that you left open on the right of your main window. Now you have a 'multi-row film strip' on the right side.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan W. Elzenga, great tip. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a feature in CaptureOne, which is why Adobe won't implement it in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate