• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Filter for Likes and Comments

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Adobe is committing to LR Mobile, it would be great if LR had better support for comments and likes:

- Ability to filter and search in smart collections for comments and likes. The Sort: Last Comment Time is helpful but not sufficient -- it only works with collections synced with LR Cloud, and you can only sort one collection at time (huh??).

- The same support for other publish services like Flickr that also sync user comments. Why did Adobe implement Last Comment Time and comment notifications just for LR Mobile? The underlying structure is already there to implement it for the other services as well. These other services have a diversity of features that many users find valuable and that are unlikely to ever appear in LR Mobile, so asking them to switch to LR Mobile just to get the trivial ability to sort by comment time is frustrating.

- SDK access to the comments and likes, so that plugins can manipulate that metadata just like they have the ability to manipulate other metadata. Just providing SDK access would let plugin developers provide the other functionality.

Idea Started
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

This feature request applies to Lightroom Ecosystem but has posts included for legacy Ligthroom Classic requests regarding the same topic.

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Released for Desktop - setting status as "Started"

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 180 Replies 180
180 Comments
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I share Lightroom albums with family and clients they are able to hit heart/like. I wish there were a way to filter for these images. Adobe Lightroom does not filter for comments or heart/like so it takes me a long time to figure out which images need further attention. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 years and the feature to filter fo "Like & comment" is still missing 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I desperately need this too. Going through comments and likes manually is slowing my process so much that I have to come here and complain about it 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, desperately need this too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When filtering photos in an album, it would be great if there was the option to filter by activity (likes or comments).

More information:

When asking my clients to review and select their favourite shots from a shared album link, they use the LIKE or COMMENT feature directly from the album.

This is a great feature to allow iterations on specific shots. Unfortunately, Lightroom does not allow me to FILTER the photos from the album with such activity. Making the whole in-app process of finding photos with comments (or likes) VERY painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fred Moon,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with filtering based on your choice. 

We do have a filter icon on top of each album on which if you tap, you will get a list of filtering options. One that might be helpful for your case is the flagging and the other is stars. If you filter by these, you get all those photos that your clients may have flagged with a checkmark or given some stars. 

Hope this is what you are looking for and helps. If not please feel free to reach out again with more details.

Regards

Kavita 

Adobe Lightroom Quality team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteOne that might be helpful for your case is the flagging and the other is stars. If you filter by these, you get all those photos that your clients may have flagged with a checkmark or given some stars. 

Unfortunately, it's still not possible for clients to add flags or star ratings to a shared album. That particular feature has also been requested several times on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filter liked photos in shared albums

i share albums with a client to let them like the pictures they want to receive.

is there any way to

filter out the liked pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's no way to filter on likes/comments in any of the Lightroom apps (LrClassic has a rudimentary Sort option which allows a collection to be sorted by "Latest Comment Time", but nothing in Lightroom).

What you could do, however, is use the "Collaborative Proofing" system, which is available as a Technology Preview in the LrWeb app. This allows you to invite a specific user to select their favourite images (you can set a maximum number of selections if you wish). Once done, using the Proofing tab in LrWeb you can then filter the album by user selections, so if you have invited more that one user you can see the specific selections made by specific users, and there's another option to have LrWeb create a new album containing only the selections of a specific user. That album will of course then appear in all your other Lightroom apps for you to deal with as appropriate.

It's not yet an ideal workflow, but it does give you something to start working with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a shoot I share an Collection with a client. The client can then click on "like" (heart icon).
Afterwards I need to go and check in the Collection which shots the client has liked.

It would be a good idea if there was a possibility to sort on the "liked" shots; or only display liked pictures.

Karel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there's an ongoing feature request asking for improved client-focused filtering/sorting tools in Lightroom. While waiting for that to be introduced (if ever), you could have a look at the Collaborative Proofing tool which is currently available only as a Technology Preview in the Lightroom Web interface. 

What that allows you to do is to share an album by invitation as you do now, but with Collaborative Proofing enabled.....that allows you to set a limit (if you wish) on the number of "selections" that your client can choose, and once the selections have been made you are able to filter (by client) and see only the selections that have been made. There's also an option to create a specific album and have the client's selections added to that album.

It's not ideal, but it's a lot better than the nothing that we currently have!

You enable Collaborative Proofing by clicking on your Avatar top right in the Lr Web interface, select Technology Previews, enable Collaborative Proofing. Once that's done, the Proofing tab will appear at the bottom left of the album display, next to the Grid and Display icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow almost 10 years and still no fix???  Why go through all the trouble of offering a heart button and not follow through with the rest of it?  Pixieset lets me move all likes from someone into a new folder.  You would think Adobe had the wherewithal to do the same....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would help my work flow if my customers/clients had a notification icon to get notified when I leave a comment. It is kinda difficult explaing which pic I am refering to! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comment and like support is really wierd actually... Almost useless (or very ineffective) in real life with custommers. 
Beyond everyone's justified comments, in the client perspective, when viewing galery online, there is no way to have an overview of liked images... Is it possible to have that little heart on liked images in galery view?

And is it possible to consider that reported malfunction...??? 9 years, is it serious ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@--MP-- I'm using this feature for client selections. What I do is click on the collection, Review Comments, wait for the badges to load and then immediately apply a red color label to the liked and commented photos. Do I want this feature to be better. Yes. Do I want access to Last Comment time search without needing to click Review Comments? Yes. Is it useless? No, but it's frustrating. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @SeanMcCormack  for your help. That's what I'm doing 🙂
But honestly why Adobe is providing that function ("like" and "comment") and such a poor integration... In LRC you can't even distinguish "likes" and "comments", it's the same icon (better on LR). It would be so simple and logical to have that litte heart on the filter line to show only liked images.

Capture d’écran 2023-01-26 à 16.14.09.png

For shure it's not "useless" but, man, why did they do it half the way...!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same issue I'm havig, I think that it's crazy how we pay our money each month, each year and yet we are still here. Like come on already adobe make the update already end of story. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you've Shared a light room link for clients to pick/like photos from, it only shows in activity instead of a section of its own. Light room should update this so when clients or anyone like/hearts photos it should be in a album of its on or section. How it's set up now you have to keep clicking back to the go back to the activity tab which is not productive or helpful at all. Maybe have the activity app still accessible when you click on photos so you can just click at the top to access photos. My work around now is to take every liked photo and create an album or flag it but this process is still annoying because I have to keep clicking on the activity because there is no indicator that photos are liked from the  library unless you're  on a cpu using light room mobile photos that are hearted should show that it's hearted or something in library and not just activity tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I use Lightroom CC to send to my clients a full photo album from their photo sessions.
This way they could "like" and comment their photos, and I finally chose the photos which were liked by everyone (model / production).

It could be a super-useful function to add a "like" filter. This away we could see all the photos which were liked by the guests..

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography Any ideas how many upvotes it take to get the right eyes on something like this? I know I've commented and upvoted, but of all the improvements that could be done for Lightroom, I'd skip them all to have this. Doesn't need to be 'Liked by Random User', just any like at all. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SeanMcCormack The 'right eyes' have already seen this request and it is a desired outcome. More votes are always better but vote count isn't the sole criteria for consideration and implementation of a feature. Resources, previous priorities, ease or difficulty of implementation, and other factors are also at play. There is no magic number.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Rikk Flohr: Photography. I know it's always a juggling act. And I'm definitely not complaing about the new Masking features we just got! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have anything to add to this thread other than my continued astonishment that this is still not a feature in Lightroom. 

The only solution remains sharing the collection via Lightroom Classic, sending clients to the web interface of LR, instructing them to like and comment on their favorite images, and then either manually tracking down each individual photo that they liked in LR then adding some other kind of filterable attribute to them (keyword, flag, star rating) or returning to Lightroom Classic and using the archaic "sort by last comment" feature, where you still can't filter by likes and comments--all you can do is see a tiny yellow icon on the thumbnail.

To make it even better, once you open the image with the comment or like, that yellow icon disappears forever and you won't be able to tell where the liked photos begin or end. 

This could be SO useful, but in its current iteration it's just such a let down. I appreciate that there's a process for implementing new features, but I truly hope this gets addressed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Collaborative Proofing tool which is still only as a Technology Preview in the Lightroom Web interface? For me even in current preview status it fulfills exactly the use case you describe. After the client proofed the pictures I get the selected ones filtered in LR web, mark them as selected and continue processing in LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still Missing this feautre...so sad....Proofing is good, but still anoyed for old albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate