• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

P: Better support for comments and likes, in ALL publish services

149 Votes
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Adobe is committing to LR Mobile, it would be great if LR had better support for comments and likes:

- Ability to filter and search in smart collections for comments and likes. The Sort: Last Comment Time is helpful but not sufficient -- it only works with collections synced with LR Cloud, and you can only sort one collection at time (huh??).

- The same support for other publish services like Flickr that also sync user comments. Why did Adobe implement Last Comment Time and comment notifications just for LR Mobile? The underlying structure is already there to implement it for the other services as well. These other services have a diversity of features that many users find valuable and that are unlikely to ever appear in LR Mobile, so asking them to switch to LR Mobile just to get the trivial ability to sort by comment time is frustrating.

- SDK access to the comments and likes, so that plugins can manipulate that metadata just like they have the ability to manipulate other metadata. Just providing SDK access would let plugin developers provide the other functionality.

Idea Planned
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Note: This feature request applies to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem

Update Status

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 105 Replies 105
105 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow almost 10 years and still no fix???  Why go through all the trouble of offering a heart button and not follow through with the rest of it?  Pixieset lets me move all likes from someone into a new folder.  You would think Adobe had the wherewithal to do the same....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would help my work flow if my customers/clients had a notification icon to get notified when I leave a comment. It is kinda difficult explaing which pic I am refering to! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comment and like support is really wierd actually... Almost useless (or very ineffective) in real life with custommers. 
Beyond everyone's justified comments, in the client perspective, when viewing galery online, there is no way to have an overview of liked images... Is it possible to have that little heart on liked images in galery view?

And is it possible to consider that reported malfunction...??? 9 years, is it serious ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Matthieu- I'm using this feature for client selections. What I do is click on the collection, Review Comments, wait for the badges to load and then immediately apply a red color label to the liked and commented photos. Do I want this feature to be better. Yes. Do I want access to Last Comment time search without needing to click Review Comments? Yes. Is it useless? No, but it's frustrating. 

Sean McCormack. Author. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @SeanMcCormack  for your help. That's what I'm doing 🙂
But honestly why Adobe is providing that function ("like" and "comment") and such a poor integration... In LRC you can't even distinguish "likes" and "comments", it's the same icon (better on LR). It would be so simple and logical to have that litte heart on the filter line to show only liked images.

Capture d’écran 2023-01-26 à 16.14.09.png

For shure it's not "useless" but, man, why did they do it half the way...!?

Votes

Translate

Translate