• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can we get real release notes?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yet another update to LRC was posted without a trace of release notes.

Rick Flohr's post "Lightroom Classic 11.0.1 is released" simply states "An update for Lightroom Classic (11.0.1) was released on 11.15.2021 and contains several bug fixes."

That is nice to know, but I already figured that though the notification in CC Desktop.

What I am really interested in, is knowing what bugs have been fixed - aka RELEASE NOTES.

Back in April, I wrote a post on the now defunct uservoice forum:

"Publish release notes for every update available:

today another round of updates hit PS and Bridge - without any release notes at all. Just mentioning "bug fixes etc." is not helping any of us in knowing what has been changed in the available release.
Sometimes (usually days after the update itself), some sort of RN appear on the Adobe support website but it is usually so well buried that only a Google search provides the link.
Please make real release notes available with the updates in CC Desktop.

Take a look, for example at NVidia with their driver releases - there are detailed release note with all the changes and also known issues."

There was one response to the post which sums it up perfectly:

"Clint  kommentoi  ·  11. toukokuuta 2021 17.38  ·  Merkitse asiattomaksi 

My work is mostly in Premiere and AE, but I second this completely. This needs to be treated like a business-to-business relationship, because it is. We need to know exactly what is changing, and what are the continuing known issues—especially in software that tends to ship with as many bugs as the Creative Suite does. We're always trying to discern if the next point release will let us upgrade out of the current bugs we're working around, in which case it may be worth the risk of updating mid-project."

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

As is normal, in these community pages, Adobe includes an announcement on the update / upgrade. If you click on Discussions (for one) You will see near the top "Lightroom Classic 11.0 is now available"

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-classic-11-0-is-now-available/td-p/12471067

Now, if you bring up that document, you will notice a link for "What's new in this update" . This is a document Adobe always posts.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As is normal, in these community pages, Adobe includes an announcement on the update / upgrade. If you click on Discussions (for one) You will see near the top "Lightroom Classic 11.0 is now available"

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-classic-11-0-is-now-available...

Now, if you bring up that document, you will notice a link for "What's new in this update" . This is a document Adobe always posts.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new.html

You might notice that a few of us are getting a bit snappy, even rude to members asking about what happened to local adjustments. This being well in to the upgrade release date, And that we have gone from RTM, to RTFM in reply's. That link above is RTM

Also, in the announcement, as is normal, a link to another document Adobe keeps on the web, keeps up to date (might  be a day or two off, v11.0.1 still not mentioned) called "Bug Fixes"

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/fixed-issues.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"yet another update to LRC was posted without a trace of release notes."

To build on GoldingD's reply, Adobe is generally pretty good about posting release notes with new features and fixed bugs for LR Classic.  The emergency patch release 11.0.1 is the rare exception.

Also, I generally find the Lightroom Queen's release notes better written and easier to read than Adobe's, which make you click and click to get all the details and the fixed bugs:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-11-0/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it might be a rare exception but if they release an emergency patch, it is even more important to have release notes because we want to know what was patched.

Yes, I know about the posts Victoria writes - they are usually very detailed.

But again, I am paying Adobe a monthly fee in order to use their products and expect from them to be informed about changes in these products. It is that simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As is always done with this forum, threads which were affected by a bug fixed in the 11.0.1 update recieved a post in addition to the announcement pinned to the top of the forum.

If you were a participant in or watching one of those threads you would have received an additional message indicating your issue was fixed.  

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate