• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Change Menu Bar to other than White

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.  I'm seeking some help to solve a strange issue.  Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and updated from Win7 -> Win10.

As a result I was finally able to update Adobe CC, PS, and Lightroom.

Previously I was running the latest version of Lightroom which could exist on Win7 (which I think was version 6).

Anyway, I completed the update to Lightroom Classic v10.1.1 and noticed the menu bar is now a bright white.  Personally I find this very distracting.  Looking back through the forum it seems like there were a couple people who had a similar issue a couple years ago.  They were able to solve by updating to the latest version.  Obviously, that hasn't worked for me.

I also tried to reinstall Lightroom v6.  The menu bar was now white.

I also tried to revert back to Lightroom Classic v10.1.  The menu bar was white.

Then updated again to the latest version v10.1.1.  The menu bar is still white.

Of course I also tried going through Windows settings.  No luck.

However Photo Shop's menu bar is black as well.  So I feel confident the issue resides within LRC.

Does anyone have any ideas how I may solve this issue?  Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
16 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Windows 10 setting. Go to Settings->Personalization->Colors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey DJ - thanks for the super fast reply.  That was actually the first thing I checked.  However it did not take care of the issue.  Please see the attached photo.  I made sure black was selected.

Also, it's confusing to me that Photoshop is OK (black menu) but Lightroom Classic has a white menu bar.

So I'm struggling to imagine that a Win10 setting is not correct.

If that were the case I'd expect many menu bars for other programs to be white.  However, only Lightroom Classic is white.

Any other thoughts or ideas would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If, like me, you rarely use the top menu bar ( I prefer keyboard shortcuts) you can hide the menu bar with [Shift+F]

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu bar is white in normal screen mode.

Press Shift + F, and the title bar disappears, and the menu bar turns grey.

Press Shift + F again, and the menu bar disappears altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello WobertC - thanks so much for the super fast reply.  I tried it and it works!!!
Strangely, the minimize and close buttons at the top right also disappear, but I'm willing to make that trade.  Really appreciate the support!!!

Kind regards - Eric H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Per - as I mentioned above, thanks so much for the super fast reply.  I tried it and it works!!!
Strangely, the minimize and close buttons at the top right also disappear, but I'm willing to make that trade.  Really appreciate the support!!!

Warm regards - Eric H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just used the Windows settings and changed my Lightroom Classic menu bar to green and then red, it works for me as expected. You may also have to check "Title Bars and Window Borders" in that same dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title bar with the buttons disappears to give you more space for the image. (You can also hide the Module picker to get a lot more space by pressing F5)

You can close and minimize using the keyboard.

To close, press Ctrl + Q or Alt + F4.

To minimize, press the Windows key + Down arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Per!  I never knew about the F5 command - that's super helpful!!!

Again, sincerely appreciate the quick support.  Keep up the great work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, have you considered Window menu > Screen Mode > Full Screen with Menu Bar

I didn't know that one, the white strip irritates me too, thanks Victoria!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic has a pretty distracting light themed menu bar which does not change to a dark one when on a dark theme in MacOs (Big Sur, Monterey) 

This UI is inconsistent with the other Adobe creative cloud products which support a dark menu bar on dark themed desktops. Can this please be fixed? 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with nexus71. Adobe can you fix the irritating menu border i Lightroom so it consistant with Photoshop

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does adobe read these? Nearly two years later and the issue still exists.

Note that even if you apply all the windows settings the problem with the menu bar resides with Adobe.
Please catch up with the times and allow dark mode!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This change is well overdue. The white top bar in a dark theme sticks like a sore thumb.

It is very distracting, and specially bad for photo colour correction, as a dark environment is needed for better image visualisation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a little digging on the net and came up with this."Press Shift + F, and the title bar disappears, and the menu bar turns grey. Press Shift + F again, and the menu bar disappears altogether". It's not what we want but it does help. Also note that even though the menu bar disappears, just move your cursor to the top of the screen to see it. Press shift and F again to restore to original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree, I have Mac OS Sonoma, and it does the same inconsistant white top bar, despite me having dark mode switched on. It looks super sloppy and glitchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate