• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Clipping Mark or Masking with Overlay Selected Shouldn't Disable Highlight Clipping

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning. I am a big fan of the Masking Tool featured in LR Classic. One issue however that is very problematic is the disabling of highlight and shadow clipping when the "show overlay" option is turned on. This occurs after your first marked area. I understand the need to turn off the clipping in the areas that have been masked, but the areas outside the mask should remain highlighted. I use green for overlay and red/blue is default for clipped areas that are too hot or too cold. The mask allows me to brush over certain areas of an image and then adjust highlights and exposure withing the mack giving me a great way to to "compress" the edges at both ranges of the specturm. (I equate this manual process to limiting dynamic range in audio using compressors)

Alternatively a nice feature would be able to create a mask based on exposure, specifically clipping, one for shadow, one for highlight. Something similar to automatice detection of people where I can choose skin areas, etc.., but in this case with clipping. Then I can add or subtrack using normal technicaques in the tool.

In either case we should be able to see our clipped areas outside the overlay when the overlay is enabled. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?