• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Customize Classic Interface

LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2011 Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This suggestion is not about buttons and controls per se. I have a bit of a problem with the way the LR interface looks so dark compared and somewhat cluttered to other programs (such as Photoshop and Premiere Pro). I think it may be the very dark borders between and around panels. I'm guessingthe idea is probably to isolate the pictures, but for me it ends up providing too much ~contrast~ against the pictures.

I would be very happy if this became customizable or just les contrasty.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
45 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can simply clic on the small arrow situated just in the top center of the screen. This will hide the tool line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Il est très difficile de distinguer, les marque signalant les collections synchronisées vers LRMmobile, idem, dans le module carte, les champs de localisation complétés automatiquement sur la base des coordonnées GPS etc... ne sont manifestement pas lisible, j'ai essayé de moifier les contraste et luminosité de mon écran (IMac 27' non Retina) ne permettent pas de compenser ce contraste.

It is very difficult to distinguish, mark indicating the collections synced to LRMmobile, Ditto, in the module card, the location fields filled automatically based on the coordinates GPS etc.. .  are obviously not readable, I tried to moifier my (IMac 27' no Retina) display brightness and contrast
cannot compensate for this contrast. This problem has existed for many versions of LR!
Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very difficult to see the contrast between active and non-active items in Lightroom panes, a good example is the filter selection, active filter (flagged - unflagged- rejected) texct is almost impossible to see. So are many others, keyword suggestions etc, actually almost every text in all panes. 

Why is there no possibility to selct, eg wihte text and black background - as now everything is grey, more grey and less grey.

At least I did not find any....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your screen calibrated? I have no problems like this on my calibrated screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your screen calibrated? I have no problems like this on my calibrated screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last discussion on this I saw in the list of topics was from 2011.

Is there a way to change all the dark grays/blacks of the LRC interface to something a lot lighter? I know the dark background is the trend in recent years in software interfaces, and I just hate it. It's fatiguing to these old eyes. I suppose I could live with it if given no choice, but I'd REALLY rather not. I've played around in the interface preferences, I've Googled this, and no luck. I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about changing the Lightroom Classic background color?

If so, see (ref 1).

(ref 1): Photofocus | Change the Lightroom Classic background color

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit->Preferences->Interface go to the section named Background

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that. Nothing happened. That's why I'm here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot of what you are seeing may help. With annotations if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go. Nothing happened. I don't want all the black and dark grays. I have cataracts and can't even drive at dusk and at night. Trying to read the light text on the dark background is hard on my eyes. I'll cope with it if I have to. I'd rather not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, experimenting on a MACBook Pro, I see your issue, and the above preferences setting has nothing t do with the areas you want to fix. Just mods the background in Loupe view, just that portion. Nothing to so with panels, bars, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes me sad. 😉 It's actually an accessibility issue for me. I have cataracts in both eyes. I already can't drive at dusk and at night. I don't use a dark background for any interface. I know it's SUPER popular, but it's exhausting to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recommend that you post an Idea. A Request for Change, to add in preferences, settings for font size, font color, and  panel background color.

Would help to create some art work showing what is desired. Or screenshots with annotations, stating something like desire to change panel background color. (text to such with arrow line pointing to area)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is quite literally an accessibility issue for me. I can't drive at dusk or at night because of vision issues. It's difficult and exhausting. More than a little scary. I don't use a dark interface anywhere. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator all allow for changing the interface/workspace color to a lighter gray. Adobe already knows how to do this. They chose not to for Lightroom.

But I'll find where to do it, and I will make the suggestion. I won't do a mockup for them, though. Because it's not rocket science. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the idea of changing the grayness of the interface, like I can in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. I have cataracts in both eyes. I'm not blind, to be sure, but I can't see well at dusk and in the dark. So much so that I can't drive during that time. Using a dark interface is very tiring to my eyes. It's an accessibility issue for me, and not something that will get better and that I'll grow into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, super easy to post multiple times. I apologize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had cataract surgery on both eyes and it is virtually unreadable to me as well. I'd really love to be able to use Lightroom Classic, but apparently, Adobe couldn't care any less about users over the age of 50. I'm afraid I will have to cancel my subscription. Lightroom is just unusable for me, and apparently, many many other folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly. There is obviously no way to remedy this and Adobe apparently doesn't care. Because of this single factor, I am canceling my Lightroom Classic subscription. I'm tired of trying to read the tiny print with so little contrast compared to the background that it is useless to me. Back to Photoshop. At least I can read ALL of the menus. And before you flame me, my screen(s) are in perfect calibration.

Votes

Translate

Translate