• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Date search by month or day (any year)

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a way to search for a date by month (and day). For instance July 4 in EVERY year. Or all photos ever taken in June of any year.Right now I can search it only one year at a time. Thanks

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Search by Month was released in the December Update

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do this infrequently, you can use the Date column in the Metadata browser of the Library Filter bar. Make sure you've selected Hierarchical, and then you can expand or collapse years and months. Ctrl/Cmd-click months to select more than one month or day:
ScreenShot20150412at11.24.36AM-aa5652c8-7162-4886-a599-1797781fd381-570202411.png

If you do this a lot, you might consider the Data Explorer or Any Filter plugins:

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-good...
http://www.johnrellis.com/lightroom/a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John is the author of Any Filter, which is an amazing tool to execute the searches that Lr cannot do. Also, John does a great job supporting his plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to believe that  Adobe doesn't provide a "Search by Month(s)" feature. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked for photographs from specific times of the year, irregardless of what year they were shot. It would be nice if I could search for all images shot in a specific month or months. Right now the only way I can do this is to buy a 3rd Party Plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I and others would like to have additional filters for creating smart collections based on dates.  For example:

1. Be able to find all images captured / edited in a particular month, regardless of year.
2. Be able to find all images captured / edited in a particular date range, regardless of year (may be a partial solution for #4 below if no geo data is available).
3. Be able to find all images captured / edited on a particular date, regardless of year (e.g., all images captured / edited on this day in history).
4. Be able to find all images captured / edited in a particular season, which requires date and geo-reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this post for plugin solutions while waiting for the built-in feature: 
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-date-search-by-month?topic-reply-li...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks.  I installed Any Filter and it allows me to do some things I have wanted to for a long while.  I hope some of these capabilities actually get built into the Lightroom product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a calendar and I'd like to include photos by the month they were taken. In other words, for the October page, I want to consider only photos I've taken in the month of October, no matter what year it was taken.

I can use a Metadata filter in LR Classic to show dates, but then I have to open a year and click on October. Then I open the next year and click on October again. Since I have photos covering about 18 years, this is a bit tedious. Is there an easier way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John R. Ellis has a lovely filter(I'm not dismissing your request) that you can use in the meantime. It's called Any Filter. It can do this and much much more. Any Filter – John R. Ellis Lightroom Plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jerry_Syder Thanks. I have Any Filter and I tried it. Initially, I used the wrong criteria for the filter, so I didn't think it worked. But it does work. The key is to use the "Date/Time Original Day of Month (Capture)" criteria.

I still have to repeat this 12 times (one for each month of the year) and then save each as a collection so that I can look through them. But it works well with minimal annoyance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the good idea! I like it too. I'm merging this to a thread with the same issue. Don't forget to vote for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search by Month was released in the December Update

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"Search by Month was released in the December Update"

...as well as by day of month. So here's how to find photos taken on December 25 of any year:

johnrellis_0-1644362090354.png

Votes

Translate

Translate