• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: De-squeeze anamorphic images

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was wondering if there is any way to have that little feature in Lightoom classic, taking anamorphic photos in photoshop limit me to procede with all the changes i want to do directly in lightroom and it's very uncomfortable, any plugins either? 

thanks

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
21 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR doesn't directly support photos taken with anamorphic lenses.  You could check out this method for preprocessing photos before importing them into LR:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/lightroomcamera-raw-anamorphic-lens-... 

Also, please add your constructive opinion to this feature request:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/lightroomcamera-raw-anamorphic-lens-...

and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

please add this feature. Or at least allow the ASPECT slider to go to values like 500 instead of 100.

Best would be to be allowed to input the desqueeze ratio to a box in distortion correction or something. Like 1.3x 1.5x 1.6x 1.8x 2x etc.

Sirui just released a 50mm T2.9 1.6x anamorphic single focus lens, it is only $1500/1500€. It is the first affordable full frame anamorphic lens, and I plan to use it for general photography. Sirui will release more lenses, and probably other manufacturers will follow.

I see the desqueeze function an important feature in future. No one took anamorphic photos when lenses were $40000 and huge or required crazy rigs, dual focus rings or some stuff like that. The Sirui is "cheap" by photographer's standards, available and should work just like a normal lens. The only real problem will be editing the photos and making them look like they are supposed to be.

Please add desqueeze function to Lightroom Classic. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

please add this feature.

Hello.

You need to tell Adobe by placing your feature request in the proper portion of this Adobe Community. The proper place is the "Ideas" section of the Lightroom Classic forum. Your request placed here will not be read and acted upon by the Lightroom Classic development team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is, this feature have been requested from 5 years and adobe have no intention to add it to lightroom.

Shame, because it really would be great to have that functionality finally in Lightoroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the way it works, some feature requests don't get implemented. I doubt Adobe has the manpower to implement every single feature request they receive. Lightroom Classic would balloon to unfathomable size and complexity (and possibly slowness) if they were able to implement every feature ever requested.

But it is also true that if enough people request the feature (by placing the request in the "Ideas" section of this forum), then it is more likely that Adobe will actually implement the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a simple fix. There's already an "Aspect" slicer under the Transform tab in the Develop module. It currently stretches the image from -100 to 100, whatever that means. But it doesn't go far enough. Seems like the math exists to make this work easily. Just extend this slider to unstretch more, and change the slider's label to a multiplier so we can enter 1.3x, 1.8x, 2x, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*slider not slicer. Hehe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES NOW! light room actully resqueeze the image from photoshop and desqueeze and destorts the watermark.  JUST add the "export to jpg" in Premier Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anamorphic lenses are now more widely available, as is the demand for a "hyrbid" style of shooting where stills and video come as a package. 

Currently Lightroom has the necessary feature to allow for easy anamorphic desqueezing, but it is only limited by the range of the slider. 

In the past other users have found workarounds, but these are far from ideal. 

Recent updates to Lightroom has made it possible to eschew a round trip to photoshop in many more situations than before, and this would allow many who shoot using ananmoprhic lenses to do the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with the existing Idea:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-de-squeeze-anamorphic-images/idi-p/11977969

(Note that another person in that thread also suggests increasing the range of the Aspect slider for anamorphic lenses.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem with this method is you need to send to photoshop without mantaining the raw format and downgrading the image to DNG, a simple anamorphic function in Lightroom would be much more productive and intuitive then having to send files back and forth.

My post is over a year old and it seems to keep having people interested in the topic, so i wouldn't completely disregard a function like this as a convenient one, for street photography and cinematic shooting in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for anamorphic support. Should be easy like the rest of lightroom 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 

the workaround with photoshop is a huge pita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! Hopefully ears are listening, fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, let us set a squeeze ratio and it would be super awesome with AI support for guessing the correct squeeze factor for lenses with variable squeeze factors, like the new ~1.6x Sirui full frame anamorphic lenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Anamorphic support would be beyond great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please add this desqueeze function in LR -- at least LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also searching for anamorphic support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes shoot photos with an ANAMORPHIC lens adapter. 

I usually have to use photoshop and change pixels to 2.33 to get the proper wide stretch. 

There is ASPECT setting under TRANSFORM in Lightroom classic...but for what? If it could go to 200, then it will work with all anamorphic lenses out there. So the setting is there...just need the capability expanded. 

-Adrian

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this issue today. I rotate my anamorphic lenses 90° then rotate my camera, so that I can desqueeze  to a square image format. I was surprised to learn that LRC did not support this desqueeze feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason why this is so needed in lightroom, is that the workflow for HDR photos doesn't travel well outside of Lightroom, Typically when you shoot camera Raw, you need to maintain all those settings if you want to have a non-destructive workflow.

I really think that having an anamorphic desqueeze as part of ACR would really fix this throughout the entire pipeline.  This way, even anamorphic desqueeze is user controllable with just a metadata parameter.

Please also give us the ability to set custom squeeze factors, do not lock it to common sizes (1.33, 1.5, 1.8, 2.0). Many anamorphic lenses have a squeeze factor that changes in the focus range, and sometimes you want to be able to fix that without making close focus having too wide of a desqueeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate