• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Filter for Synced files

Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to be able to filter for sync'ed images.

Two reasons:

- I often want to make sure I have sync'ed the best image(s) and I would like to compare them to non-sync'ed similar iamges

- I want to go through my folders and delete images that I no longer need, or should not have kept in the first place, and I want to make sure I do not delete sync'ed images.

There is a cumbersom way to do it but to be somewhat efficient it needs an available unused label. See https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/filter-for-non-synced-images/m-p/124867...

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it would be useful to have a simple, direct way of filtering them.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator ([moderator deleted the URL from the signature. Kindly note that URLs in the signature may be considered as spam])

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it would be useful to have the contents of All Synced Photographs accessible via filters and smart collections and to plugins.

Unfortunately, the contents of All Synced Photographs aren't directly available to plugins, so the Any Filter plugin can't provide the functionality either. (There's a very roundabout, hacky way for a plugin to get the contents that isn't suitable for applications like this.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One can hope John? 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very useful - I am running into issues with this exact thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur - it would be a very useful improvement to the sorting ability

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would like this feature.

I am often editing in 3rd party apps creating copies of images - and depending where i choose the 'edit in' menu - it can add to a collection that may be synced or not (or if in a folder view)

Therefore end up having several photos not synced because i didnt add them to a synced collection.

The only way to find unsynced photos is by filtering All-synced-photos in the catalog list and then using a combination of either smart collections/quick collections and/or keywords.

A filter to show with synced/unsynced would be much quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

I just released a new version of the Any Filter plugin that lets you search for photos that are synced or not synced with the LR Cloud, e.g.

johnrellis_0-1667970893959.png

A more complicated example, finding all synced photos that aren't in a synced collection:

johnrellis_1-1667970971768.png

Votes

Translate

Translate