• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Granular customization of tools and sliders in the Develop panels

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to have a much more granular customization of the Develop Panel. To be able to decide the order of each sliders and tools (or group of slider in case of sliders acting on the same effect like sharpening or grain). Similarly I would like to be able to customize what slider and tools go in which module, and to create or delete modules. For example, I'd like to be able to decide I want vignetting to be in its very own module, rather than with grain in the effect panel. Or I would like to be able to create a "color" module, with color balance, vibrance, saturation, HSL. Possibilities are endless.

Similarly I would like be able to place the top modules (crop, red eye, masking etc) among the other module in the scrolling pane, for example to have crop module between sharpening and transform. And to be able to "pin" any module to the top, for example pinning the curve module. Here again possibilities would be endless.

Photography has very diverse genre, and maybe it makes sense for one type of photographer to start with the white balance slider in the basic panel, but it may be more practical for a different photographer to start with cropping tool, or exposure or whatever else. True customization of the develop panel would allow every photographer to create their personal interface that fits their specific workflow.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibilities are endless.

'Support would be a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Capture One and other softwares with modular interface does this quite well.

Developpers just need to divide sliders and tools in more module and allow user to arrange modules to their state. It's nothing complicated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s definitely worth requesting. Recently Adobe added the ability to customize which metadata fields are visible in the Default mode of the Metadata panel and in what order they display, so there is a very recent precedent for Adobe being open to this kind of customization.

However, as always, the likelihood of it happening in Develop depends on how this stacks up vs other feature requests, whether there is a technical reason to do it, how many votes it gets, etc. In the case of the newly customizable Default mode of the Metadata panel, there was a technical motivation in that it improves performance if it doesn’t have to list so many metadata items per image. Not sure if that is also true in Develop.

That you can cite other applications that allow customization is helpful, because another thing that motivates Adobe is whether doing the request creates a meaningful competitive advantage…or whether not doing it would be a meaningful competitive disadvantage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • You may want to create some examples, some panels, to show want you desire. A bit of artwork to show what is desired.
  • You may also want to include some links referring to examples in other programs, such as C1.
  • And if you have some links to tutorials/reviews/instructions for user created panels in other programs such as C1.

You want other members to think Oh yes, I need that. For other users to think, dang, why not already. And for other users to add comments in support.

Votes

Translate

Translate