• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Hotkeys and assignable slots for Favorite Target Collections : Ctrl+Alt+Shift+[1 through 0]

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic, the Quick Collection always had its own set of hotkeys for saving (Ctrl+Alt+B), clearing (Ctrl+Shift+B) and setting it as a target collection (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+B). 

That's great, except I don't really use it all that much. Instead, what I do use most of the time is a Recent Picks collection where I add new images regularly. This collection is a mixed bag of images and its primary purpose is to be a catch all way of syncing new images to my phone and Apple Tv, when I don't really need or want to create dedicated collections for just one or two images.

Then, I have a couple other collections that I use regularly for adding new softproofing copies for prints, black and white images, and drone shots. Each of these collections is usually nested in appropriate folders/collection sets and whenever I need it, I have to go dig for it and right click to set it as target collection.

I think it would be much more convenient and much faster if we had assignable slots and if we were able to assign certain collections as Favorite Target Collection 1, Favorite Target Collection 2, etc. Each favorite target collection slot would have its own hotkey Ctrl+Alt+Shift+1 through 5 or maybe even through 10.

Like this, whenever I need to switch the target collection to my Recent Picks one, instead of digging for it in my infinite list of collections, I would simply hit Ctrl+Alt+Shift+1 and then press B to add the current image to it.

For folders, we already have Favorite Sources and the Mark as Favorite option in the right click menu, it would feel only natural to have a corresponding Favorite Target Collections and Mark as Favorite Target Collection in the collections right click menu.

So my feature request to the Adobe Lightroom team is : please make Ctrl+Alt+Shift+[1 through 0] as hotkeys for assignable Favorite Target Collections slots [1 through 0].

Here's the image that inspired this idea. Happy foliage season!

AIG_MINI3_20221010_0523_2048px_WM.jpg

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?