• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Kill hierarchy of keywords merging all keywords into a list wth no hierarchy option

Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really great to be able to have an option in Lightroom to get rid of the hierarchy and merge all the parent and child keywords in one list with no more hierarchy.

Doing this manually would take months for me as I started with hierarchy, but I don't use it anymore because for me it was a big waste of time. I would like to have all the keywords in the same level, no more parents and child keywords

I have now hundreds if not thousands of keywords duplicated inside and outside parents. This makes it all so cumbersome. I cannot remove them as when it finds them in two places it does not let you move them and merge them what would be logical. 

The best option would be:

Option 1: Merge all the duplicated keywords parent and child keywords

Option 2: Disable all hierarchy and make that all the keywords in images don't have any hierarchy any more.

This would be so useful.

I really hope that I will see this one day

Until that day my mess will get everyday bigger. I can work around all the problems that this system of categorizing keywords has but it is really cumbersome.

I would advice any person to NOT use hierarchy when making a catalogue. it is very slow and if you forget to put new keywords in the right place you will end like me with many duplicated all around the hierarchy system

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?