• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom: Ability to delete the default develop presets

LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[You can now hide the built-in presets in LR 7.3 using a free plugin or manually with a multi-step recipe.  --John Ellis]

It is now possible, though tedious, to delete the built-in presets in LR 7.3 and later. See this recipe: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/delete_default_develop_presets?topic-reply-li... --John Ellis]

I really would like to be able to delete the develop presets that ships with LR3. I don't use them as they are in the way of my own presets when using the Library Module.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018
The ability to delete the default develop presets has been modified to allow you to hide them instead as of Version 7.4, We are closing this as implemented. We hope it helps keep your workspace tighter!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 111 Replies 111
111 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't want default presets. 

why new version can't manage in folder like older version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my previous post for a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news... Lightroom Classic and the entire Lightroom CC ecosystem now have the ability to hide sets of presets, including the default presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed that this morning, what a reliëf!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to delete the default develop presets has been modified to allow you to hide them instead as of Version 7.4, We are closing this as implemented. We hope it helps keep your workspace tighter!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me how? I'm not seeing anything about this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this screenshot for where to click:

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind having the presets be preloaded, but why can't I change them so they are in one pull down menu instead of 14.  We should be able to choose what presets show up in the Develop Presets Module, because it is very distracting to have so many pulldowns.  It's not crazy to ask to have a check box or something to toggle them on and off when we want them to show up there or not.  I should be able to hide the ones I'm not interested in and bring them back if I change my mind.  This is a full blown program for advanced users, not Lightroom Light or something along those lines.  Most people know what they are doing and want to customize their experience to best fit their workflow.  Why is Lightroom making things more complicated than they need to be for their users.  This is just bad UI and really needs to be addressed.  Please take this serious Adobe.  Pretty please with sugar on top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emma Dorey
I believe a 'work-around' can do close to your suggestion-
While the Adobe Default Groups are visible in the Preset Panel- Add only the ones you want to use to the "Favorites" Group- Then Manage the Presets and 'Hide' the Adobe defaults.  I found that you can keep selected default presets in the 'Favorites' Group and hide the rest.
Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: lightroom C (10.4) export presets

How can i delete the preset lightroom export presets (ie 'for email, 'burn full size') i only want the user presets. 

Also if i tick my user presetm i cant adjust it, its all greyed out.

I need to adjust it as sometimes i move the watermark left or right, and no i dont want 10 presets all the same except a placement of the watermark

Thanks for any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"How can i delete the preset lightroom export presets (ie 'for email, 'burn full size') i only want the user presets."

You cannot 'Delete' but you can Minimize by clicking the 'spinner' triangles-

2021-10-21 09_56_27-Export One File.jpg

"Also if i tick my user presetm i cant adjust it, its all greyed out."

DO NOT TICK ANY PRESET unless you want to 'Batch' multiple Export Presets in the one operation.

Simply [mouse left-click] on the Preset NAME for the ONE preset that you want to use or edit.

Unfortunately, Watermark 'position' is fixed in a Watermark Preset so you need to either create an Export Preset for each Watermark preset, or change the Watermark Preset in the one Export Preset.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate