• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic: Panel Scroll Bar / Close annoyance

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The panel scroll bar and close panel bar arrow section are annoyingly close together. On a 4K monitor (and possibly lower resolutions) the panel scroll bar is so thin that it's easy to press the close button instead. This is frustrating when trying to select the appropriate tool and you just keep closing/unclosing the panels. Is it possible to either increase the size of the scroll bar, be able to lock the panel in place or a mix of the two. Cheers,

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 103 Replies 103
103 Comments
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leads to a dead end for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ouioui_photo 

Copying and pasting your link sends me to a 404 page.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ouioui_photo 

Thanks, I discovered my issue with my link.  I didn't select ALL of it to do the paste. : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me every single day!! So yes, please change it and add the option to show and lock the panel.

TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk 

Yes - every post is read and evaluated by Adobe staff.  25 Votes in 5 years is fairly low volume as feature requests go putting this request at #91 on the active list.

Maybe the volume is low but the annoying factor is big! It happens to me, every single day and I use LR a lot. It's not that Adobe has to redesign the whole software, just to add the option, show (and lock) will do 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should be fixed by making only the close/open Arrow active, not the whole side.  I don't think closing/opening a single side panel is a such common occurrence that having  to cursor to the arrow would be a big problem.  

That being said, I don't think I have ever accidentally closed the right panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will merge these threads. 

FYI, When posting an external link in this forum you can make it appear as a clickable link if you hit the return key immediately after you paste it.

You can even go back and edit your own post by placing the cursor at the end of your link and pressing return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add to this thread to express my continued annoyance with this. Years of complaints and no action from Adobe. This and a host of other major and minor issues documented with years of complaints make Capture One is look better and better every day. It's getting to the point where the pain of continuing with LR exceeds the pain of transferring over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precisely. Make it function like the scroll arrow on the film strip, which requires clicking within a few (maybe 5) pixels of the arrow itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom since the first version and this has been an issue since it was added. When you're masking around the edges, it's way too easy for the cursor to open or extend a side/top/bottom bar. While the Adjustment Brush pallette is open or while you're actively clicking/dragging/using the brush tool, having the UI lock would be ideal to prevent accidently clicking things and having a bar randomly open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a simple way to solve this would be a setting where all the bars/everything but the image locks while the brush tool is actively being used. When you close the brush tool pallette, it would all unlock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can we not edit or delete out own posts? That's completely ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still drag any of the 4 bars out from anywhere without using the arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the scroll bars on the right and left side panels are too thin. If you want to scroll up and down the panel and happen to click to the outside of the scroll bar, the panel disappears. It happens in both the Library and Develop modules. This is not a new problem and it's probably by design. It has however, been a pet peeve of mine since way back in Lightroom 1. I'm wondering if anyone else gets frustrated with this and wishes it would change. Does anyone have a work-around for this problem? This happens to me several times a day and it gets frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this issue arise in several posts - I'd like a way to lock the side panels so that when I'm working on metadata and keywords in Library mode the panel stays where it is if I happen to click too closely to the small triangle.  The font in the panel is already tiny and difficult to work with, but it is very annoying to have the panel constantly disappear and then have to click to have it reappear.  This happens frequently enough to prompt me to request this feature - have pity on those of us who don't have perfect eyesight and coordination!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was a software developer for over 40 years and dumb little problems like this drove me and my clients crazy.  I would fix things like this just to make my clients happy and so I wouldn't have to listen to them complain.  There are two really simple solutions to this problem; 1) change it so you must click on the arrow to collapse the pane.  It's way too easy to miss the narrow scroll bar and the pane collapses.  2)  Add a fourth option "Lock" under "Manual" when you right click on the panel.  Is anyone at Adobe listening?  Come on, fix this thing and make your paying clients happy.  You will no longer have to listen to us complain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't an enhancement we are asking for.  It's fixing an annoying bug that has been in Lightroom for as long as I have been using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a request made by EVERY user seems rediculous this hasnt been added. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a reminder.  This is still a daily annoyance.  Actually, it happens several times a day.  Can it please get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate