• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Visual indicators for adjustment tools

Enthusiast ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add indicators to the Tools section of the develop panel to indicate that spot healing, red eye tool, gradient, radial and adjustment brush etc have been applied to a photo? (Did not include crop tool because you can show that information via the info overlay but would be nice for this tool too)When going through multiple photos and using the PREVIOUS button it can get to point where you forget that for example a spot healing adjustment was made several photos back. This adjustment may not be applicable to the 7th photo in sequence that you are editing but was ok for previous ones.It is time consuming to remember to have to click on each individual tool then look for adjustment pins or click tool reset to be sure that adjustment has not be inadvertently been copied from a previous photo. (Especially if the photo editing sessions are done days apart) This is not too much of a problem if you use SYNC on multiple photos as you deselect unwanted items but when using PREVIOUS button it is copying everything and you can lose track of adjustments that may not apply to the next use of the PREVIOUS button.If there was a bright line around the tool icon or a checkmark on each individual tool in the panel then you would know that photos have those adjustments applied somewhere. Another option is to add the choice to have this info be displayed in the Loupe overlay info options. For other panels like the BASIC panel it is very quick to see that either no changes have been made as sliders are at their zero position or you see them change as you move from photo to photo. To check if a tool adjustment was made you need to click each tool to look for pins/use reset/ or search history panel and if the photo was cropped you may need to uncrop first to expose hidden pins.Bruce

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
33 Comments
Mentor ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than clicking the Mask tool (which has no shortcut) there is no way of knowing if an image contains a mask. I propose two options:

• Add a mask indicator on the histogram panel similar to 'older process version lighting bolt' icon. Hovering over the mask icon could show the number of masks associated with the inage and clicking the icon could open the mask panel.
  • For images with a mask dynamically change the mask tool icon indicating that the image contains a mask. Perhaps the number of masks could also be displayed.

See the attached image for icon examples:

Mask icon.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography , I think this should be merged with the existing Idea, which has 32 votes:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/lightroom-classic-visual-indicators-for-adjus... 

Though the existing idea is for the old local-adjustment tools, the intent is exactly the same, and I'm sure those 32 votes would hold the same opinion about the new mask tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could we have a some symbol on the adjustment tool icons to show that this tool has been used in an image? 

GeoffBartlett_0-1654170531043.png

If I am returning to a photo, or working my way through a set where I have used the develop Sync, I know when a tool has edits under it. I might need to adjust spot healing, or check adjustment masks.

I'm sure that this would be so easy to do that I'll see it in the next update 🙂

Thanks

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a great idea, and lots of others have requested that too over the years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to have "edit marks" show in Lightroom Classic's develop module on every panel containing edits, in a similar way as CameraRaw does. This would be extremely useful when checking a previously edited photo: in a glance we would know if there are edits for instance in the HSL or Detail panels, without having to check every single panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could look at the history panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with this popular existing Idea:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-lightroom-classic-visual-indicators-for-adj...

Others in that thread have also asked for general indicators a la Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate