• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: make "Delete from Disc" the default when deleting flagged images.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a way to make "delete from Disc" the default when elliminating images from LR?  I never just "remove from LR", I always delete the files entirely form lightromm and the disc drive as well.  I would wish that Adobe would make this a check box option in the futre. In the meantime, I'm looking for a way to acomplish this tasj without have to take my mouse and select it all the time.

Thanks,

Ralpn

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option to set a default action. However, you can delete-from-disk with two keystrokes and no mouse:

Mac: Delete, Space.

Windows: Delete, D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also press four keys simultaneously:

Mac: Cmd + Opt + Shift + Delete

Windows: Ctrl + Alt + Shift + Delete

On a US keyboard, you can hold down the first three keys with your left hand and hit Delete with the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please move to Ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich wünsche mir, dass ich selbst eintscheiden kann, welcher Button als Standard festgelegt wird. Für mich wäre "Vom Datenträger löschen" als Standard sinnvoller als "Aus Lightroom entfernen". Danke dafür, dass Sie das in Erwögung ziehen 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Google translation: Delete Dialog Box Preferences. I wish I could decide for myself which button is set as the default. For me, "Delete from disk" as the default would make more sense than "Remove from Lightroom". Thanks for considering this"

Others have also asked for this. 

But note that you can invoke Delete From Disk with the same number of keystrokes as Remove From Lightroom:

Mac: Type Delete followed by Space. (In System Settings, you'll need to enable the option Keyboard Navigation.) 

Windows: Type Backspace followed by "d".

Stepping back, many of use a faster workflow. Rather than using Delete From Disk for each photo, type "x" to mark a photo as rejected. Create a Library Filter preset "Not Rejected" that filters out rejected photos, so that a photo disappears as soon as you type "x".  Periodically invoke the command Photo > Delete Rejected Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate