• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P:(Masking) Add preset to background not subject

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would be great if in masking you can add preset to either the background only or subject only ... for clothing photography using presets it changes the colours so would be great to be able to only use a preset on the background of an image and not affecting the model/clothing 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking out of the box, and not at a computer, Starting with a clean original image, that is, no edits, create a preset. Then use that to create a custom brush.

Now I have no idea if/how to do that. Others please step in.

ahh, some internet searching, see:

https://digital-photography-school.com/create-import-adjustment-brush-presets-lightroom/

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you can select subject, go to your preset of choice and the preset just applies to the subject instead of all the photo? I can't seem to find out how to do that, even if you can. This would be a huge if it's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have no control at the moment over how a subject is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what the question is, its doesn't matter what the subject is, I'm talking about whatever is selected it would be great if you could use a preset on selected subject or if you invert it, to use that preset on background alone. I would have thought this would have worked seeing as its masked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A local/brush preset, or a develop preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A preset I've already saved, I thought as I'm using a mask on selected subject I could only apply my saved preset on that masked subject but it just applies it to the whole photo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

You can't apply a develop preset (which appears in the Presets panel on the left) to a masked area -- it always applies to the entire photo.

However, you can define Effect presets (sometimes called local-adjustment or brush presets), which apply just to the masked area:

johnrellis_0-1640553080900.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I like that their masking feature has been ivolved in CC2022 but I think they could go a step further for a newer version in the future. I think it should be cool if you could apply a preset just on the masked area and not the whole photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know you can create Effect presets (sometimes called local-adjustment or brush presets)?  See here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-masking-add-preset-to-background-not-subjec... 

If that doesn't meet your needs, perhaps you can provide more detail about what you're thinking of and why you'd like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate