• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P:(Masking) Keyboard Shortcut For Open Top Layer Mask

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a keyboard shortcut that opens the mask panel with the top most mask already selected. As it stands, Shift+M opens the radial gradient mask window with a new mask. But when I'm copy and pasting settings from image to image, the radial gradient has already been created and pasted to the new photo. So I just need to open to the mask window and preferrably already have the topmost layer selected so I can immediately move the radial gradient around to where the subject is in the new photo. Instead, I have to press option+arrows buttos to navigate to the layer. Even clicking on the Mask tool button doesn't open the panel with a layer preselected. Why not have a shortcut just to open it with the top most layer already selected? It will save clicks when making small adjustments to masks that are being copy and pasted from one photo to the other.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography , please move this to Ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Please let's have a shortcut for the masking panel. There are shortcuts for practically everything else in Lightroom, and it's very annoying having to click the icon every time. It would be best to have a shortcut that can be done with the left hand, then the right hand can stay on the mouse. I suggest Shift + Z, which currently zooms in and out, but since Z (and Spacebar) does exactly the same thing, it shouldn't be a problem to assign Shift + Z to the Masking panel. (toggle on/off)
    That will also make it simpler to close the panel, now I have to press Escape twice.

• When you have many masks in the image, it leads to a lot of scrolling in the panel, and I found out that I could drag the panel to my second monitor. Unfortunately, it doesn't remember the last location, so after closing, it appears on the main monitor the next time I use it. That's not an option for me, since it covers part of the image.

• The Create New Mask options (and Add/Subtract Mask options) are hard to read, would be great to have the text white, or at least a brighter grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk Flohr pointed out Easter egg button for showing all the masking shortcuts:

johnrellis_0-1635880863507.png

If you just want to open the panel to see the current masks, type K, then type K again to close it. (No new brush mask is created in that case.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I'm aware of the shortcuts panel, and I also know that I can press K or M to open the Masking panel.

Although it doesn't create a new mask, it creates a new entry in the panel, which is annoying, since I don't want to create a new mask most of the time, and it also takes up space, pushing content down and out of view.

Votes

Translate

Translate