Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking, add option/button to retain custom settings as default

LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/EDIT/

After more lessons learned, and after relooking at issue after being properly, correctly, asked to clarify, I see this Request for Change is unnecessary. 

Request for change

Add a option/button for each mask tool to allow the current settings, be that slider positions, or custom brushes, to be retained as current default if checked. 

When the option is checked, the auto reset should automatically be unchecked

When the option is unchecked, the auto reset should not automatically be checked, and settings should not be reverted to true defaults. 

For user to change the sliders and retain those as a new default, user would change the slider desired, uncheck the new button, then recheck the button (if the auto reset switched on at that point it would foul things up)

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand your request. There is a checkbox at the bottom of the panel. If you check that box, then the sliders are reset to zero. If you uncheck it, then the slider settings are remembered, just like you ask. So it seems to me the option is already present.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I see my likely mistake. it is a matter of preloading.

Scenario 1

• Create a mask, for example a brush, turn off the reset automatically, click on the image, move a slider, fir example exposure
  • Create a new mask, Again the brush. Nope, sliders at default.

Scenario 2

• Create a mask, turn off the reset sliders automatically. Preset slider adjustments, that is move sliders before clicking on photo, in this case exposure.
  • Click on photo.
  • Create a new mask, the brush again. Ah, mods to sliders stuck.
  • And, select different image, same brush, yes preloaded works

Ahhh

And if you save as a custom brush, with reset sliders auto off, next same brush is in fact that custom one.

Ok, time to rescind my request for change.

Note, as a precaution, I have reset preference file under the concept of what if before experimenting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines