• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Metadata Presets to Bridge / Photoshop Meta Data Presets Batch Converter

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does anybody know a software, plugin, script or action to convert meta data presets from Lightroom Classic (.lrtemplate) to meta data presets for Bridge/Photoshop (.xmp).

I could do it manual with picture by picture, but I'm to lazy to convert 170 Lightroom presets.

This way I also get the GPS data better into Bridge, which doesn’t works so wasy.

An allroud converter for any Digital Asset Management software would be great.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forget to mention that I’m lookging for a IPTC + Location meta data coverter. Colour edits I don't care, but this was discussed already in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still using .lrtemplate presets in LrC? Must be a very out of date copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lightroom Classic 12.1 still use .lrtemplate

Adobe Lightroom CC it's newer, but only good for basic photos edits, no Digital Asset Management.

I wish all Adobe software (Photoshop, Bridge and any Lightroom Classic/CC) would use all the same interchangable format. XMP or lrtemplate

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, as you stated, METADATA presets, got of my rear end, brought up LrC on my MACBook instead of on my couch potato rear end on my iPad, and looked. My watermark metadata preset for an  example.

Yep, an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADMIN

could this be better if moved to IDEAS?

phrank303;

the above is a method of requesting of the community site admin(s) to move a post from in this case Discussions to Ideas. We common members cannot do that on our own, and very new members certainly cannot. I think this is  a goo idea, and should be posted in Ideas ( as a recommend improvement). No need to re-post separately into Ideas, as if they agree, Admin will may so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to ideas

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once upon a time Jeffrey Friedl had a hidden webpage that did this. I used it to create Camera Raw versions of my presets at the time. So not only is it doable, the code itself exists. @johnrellis is this something that would interest you?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Once upon a time Jeffrey Friedl had a hidden webpage that did this. I used it to create Camera Raw versions of my presets at the time. "

Sounds similar to this:

http://presetconverter.com/?i=1

I believe both of these work only on develop presets, not metadata presets. While the generic syntax is the same for both sorts of conversions (Lua-syntax data to XML-syntax data), the actual mappings between the fields is different for develop presets and metadata presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers @johnrellis, handy to have still!

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also reminded me that such a plugin wouldn't know how to map custom metadata. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quote "I wish all Adobe software (Photoshop, Bridge and any Lightroom Classic/CC) would use all the same interchangable format. XMP or lrtemplate"

Photoshop / Bridge and Adobe Camera Raw communicate seamlessly. Metadata and edits are stored with the file.

Lightroom Classic  Metadata and adjustments (edits) are stored in the Catalog file. Lightroom (cloud-based) desktop Metadata and adjustments are stored in Cloud storage. They are standalone applications.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate