• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Motion blur mask option for lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to suggest a mask feature that is related to the motion blur filter in photoshop.

Many photographers need to blur faces or create a sense of movement on images where it was not practical to use a slow shutter spead.  It would be ideal if there was a blur option in masking...I imagine it would be mostly used with a brush to just place the blur on specific areas (faces, full body images of people walking, riding bikes, etc.)  Many Thanks for your consideration.

[Moved to ideas by moderator]

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to me that would simply be a good time to send the image to Photoshop to use the motion blur filter that is already available. Remember that Lightroom is a perimetric editing program which means that it does not modify the pixels of the original image. That is why Photoshop is so closely associated with Lightroom. Anyway, that is how I look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely go to PS and use the motion blur filter...but seems like a brush could be made that mimics that look in LR.  Certainly would be a time saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try using the brush with Texture -100 and/or Clarity -100 and/or Sharpness -100.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate