• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Move keyword position with blocks instead copy paste with commas

Engaged ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submit images and videos to Adobe Stock and the keyword ranking there is important. The most significant keywords that apply to the image have to go first. With Lightroom you can copy the keyword and the paste at the beginning. This is a very slow process. You have the commas in the way, the panel is small, etc.

There is a software (Stock submitter) specialized for sending content to many agencies and it has solved this with a clever trick. Every keyword or multiple keywords if they are separated with commas are transformed into blocks. You can quickly drag any block into the position you want. No need to care about commas, pasting in the wrong spot etc. It is 100x times faster as it is implemented in Lightroom now. hope to see it one day in LR

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot showing these blocks in Stock Submitter in action? That would clarify what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can quickly grab any keyword/block and place it in any position you want. Very fast. As I said not messing with commas, etc. When you get out of this view the keywords are arranged in the order you placed them and then you can see them again separated by commas. To rearrange this is a much faster approach. other programs are using it to like the Shutterstock keyworder. So easy and fast.

Keyword blocks.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're relying on LR to order your keywords for submission to Adobe Stock, beware that you can't reorder the keywords once entered into the Keywording panel -- to change the order, you have to delete all the keywords, hit enter, click back in the panel, and then enter the keywords in the exact order you want.  See here for other strangenesses as well:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-custom-sort-order-of-keywords-instead-of-al...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I know. This is because I don't use LR to order my keywords. A really archaic system to do that. Hope somewhere in the future they can implement a better way like the one suggested here.

Votes

Translate

Translate