• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Need a fast and easy way to see Aspect Ratios on photos in Lr Classic.

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am missing a way to fast and easy see the aspect ratio of a photo. I have several virtual copies of an image, with different aspect ratios depending on use. 4:3 for print, and 4:5 for Insta and so on.

This would be a time saving feature for quickly exporting the right image at the right time. I am aware that adding a tag, or colour would achieve the similar effect. But again, thats adding another step and taking more time. As cropping and aspect ratio is just a part of the established workflow of every photographer. Having this information ready would save time and increase efficiency.

I am thinking Loupe View should have this info. Either as a separate data point to ad in the "Library View Option" or as a part of "Common photo settings" like this:
1/125 sec at f/2,8, ISO 800, 100mm (FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS) 4:5

Or as an attribute data point when sorting.

As of now, the only way to "check" the aspect ratio is to enter Develop mode and select the crop tool. So, two clicks for something that just should be a quick glance at the screen.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

I agree that would be useful.  While waiting for Adobe to implement this, you could use the Any Crop plugin, keeping its window always visible, e.g.

johnrellis_0-1641087954917.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate