Please consider adding an option to display dates next to photos in the Import Photos and Videos dialogue, either under the filename or in a list view.
Use case: I want to see at a glance which photos are from today or from the last few days, so I can import just those, and ignore older photos.
Known workarounds that aren't ideal:
- A. Mouse-over photos to find where the latest batch starts.
- I have to keep mousing over images to hunt, and that's much slower than being able to read dates at a glance.
- B. Wait for all thumbnails to load, then skim by thumbnail
- I mostly do this today, but it can be slow, especially for my Fuji RAW photos
- C. Just import everything and let Don't Import Suspected Duplicates sort it out
- I'm somewhat aggressive with culling/deleting photos, so some old photos still on my memory card may be treated as new again if I've deleted them from Lightroom
I can use A and B as workarounds (C isn't workable), but it would be really nice to add skimmable dates I can view at a glance.