Please add layflat paper offered by Blurb in LR module. Thanks

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018
Lightroom 7.5 was released today with Book Module enhancements including the new Blurb Lay-Flat design option. Give it a spin!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
110 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add Layflat Photobook Support when composing photobooks in Lightroom to be printed with Blurb

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blurb has introduced a lay-flat book format and I asked if they intend to available via the LR Book module and they advised I make a feature request so here I am. Would make a great addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, I support this plus a few imaginative updates to formats would be nice you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I for one would also like this feature added to LR book module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like this feature too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this feature!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the endorsement Nancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add my voice to the requests to add this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please, add this feature to the blurb book module. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be a great addition to LR ... very popular format for wedding photographers not wanting to go outside of LR after post production .

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly - in full agreement. I get the feeling the Book module was a late thought as it doesn’t have the imagination of the others and I can’t recall any feature updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke to Blurb Tech Support on Oct. 19th concerning Layflat paper support in the LR Book module and their response is as follows:

"In regards to Lightroom, Adobe is responsible for the Book module within Lightroom. Blurb will be working with Adobe to see if they will add support for Standard Layflat Paper. To help encourage this, please visit Adobe’s Lightroom community page, and add Blurb Layflat Photobook Support as a feature request."

I sent Blurb Tech Support the the link to this post and I assume they have already contacted Adobe with the required information to add Layflat paper support in LR Classic.

I also spoke to them concerning updating the Blurb plugin for Adobe InDesign 2018. The plugin was updated shortly after our conversation and layflat paper layouts are now supported in InDesign CS3-6 and CC 2014-2018.

"I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Adobe InDesign plug-in since you updated.  The good news is we're currently working on releasing a compatible plug-in for CC 2018 and I would suggest checking back later today to see if that has been updated."

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the attention. I also communicated with Blurb who recommended my course of action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the ability to access Blurb's lay flat books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was disappointed to find that I could not have layflat pages for my Blurb book through Lightroom! Please add this for us SOON!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was so happy when I saw Blurb startet to make lay flats, but equally disappointed when I learned that there was no LR integration for this. The book module is essential for me when making books and it has made my life so much easier, so please, please add the lay flat paper as an option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I badly require  BLURB LAY FLAT BOOK MAKING TOOL using LIGHT ROOM CLASSIC

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about exporting the book made in Lightroom as a PDF then upload the PDF to Blurb? Will this then give the option for Layflat paper?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest answer is Blurb didn't recommend this. Likely, it's because if one uploads a book you're still dealing with images - if it's a PDF the images have essentially "disappeared" into the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The  'Send Book to Blurb' button uploads two PDF files (Cover and Pages) to your Blurb account for processing. You can also use the PDF Export function and upload the two PDFs manually on Blurb's website to your account, but the Lay Flat paper option requires  a new template that supports seamless two-page spreads. Until Adobe adds that support there is no way to create a book with Lay Flat paper using LR.

As I mentioned Lay Flat paper is supported using the Blurb Plugin with InDesign. You could also use the tools available on Blurb's website:

http://www.blurb.com/layflat-photo-books

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd. You're a champion 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I ́m only using LR Classic and hope the new Layflat Paper will be added in the book module. Is it possible to use the inDesign module in LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know but doubt it. It would be added to use as an edit or export operation to make that possible. Also a Publish service - http://lightroomsolutions.com/integrating-with-indesign/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Publish service workflow at the link you provided just outputs the LR image files to a folder, which can then be used inside InDesign with the Blurb plugin book templates. Unfortunately, the Blurb InDesign plugin only works with InDesign. We'll have to wait for Adobe to add the support in LR Classic

You could use the LR Publish service workflow method with the Blurb Bookify web-based application at the below link. Select the book size, cover type, and Standard Layflat 100# paper. Next click on 'Create Your Book With Blurb, select 'Get Photos' From My Computer, and start placing your pictures.

http://www.blurb.com/getting-started?tab=tab-photo-books#/layflat-photo-book/keepsake

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! I would like the addition of LayFlat option in the book module of LR (Classic CC in my case).
And also the other options Blurb offers  like magazine and trade book.
robert

Votes

Translate

Translate