P: Save 1:1 Previews from Develop Module

1 Vote
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When displaying pictures in the Library module Loupe view, there is always a noticeable (2-3 sec) time lag to display a picture in full detail. E.g., at 100% magnification, either by zooming in from "Fit", or when displaying next picture while at 100% magnification, the picture is initially fuzzy and refreshes to sharp detail in about 3 seconds.

Since I always generate 1:1 previews on import, I believe this delay is because edits that I've made in the Develop module have invalidated the previous previews. Typically I will have viewed the picture at 100% magnification in Develop, so a full-size image has been generated by Lightroom.

IDEA:  when changes in the Develop module invalidate the preview, save subsequent views generated in the Develop module as previews. E.g., if the image is displayed at 100% in Develop, save that as the 1:1 preview. This would avoid the several-second delay to generate the 1:1 preview in Loupe view.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could see a benefit to this. There would be performance implications for a new 1:1 preview being rendered, but the data's already in memory, so it could well be worth a preference setting.

-------------------------------------
The Lightroom Queen - Author of the Lightroom Missing FAQ & Edit Like a Pro books.

Votes

Translate

Translate