• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Set independent "Preview Quality" setting for Standard & 1:1 previews

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that "Preview Quality" setting within Catalog Settings impacts both Standard previews and 1:1 previews. The low/medium/high setting has a very noticeable difference on the quality of 1:1 previews, and standard previews when set to "High Quality" take up about 5x more storage than standard previews when it is on "Low Quality".

I use 1:1 previews to cull through my photos, and again to review every photo after making develop module edits before I export them, so I need the 1:1 previews to be the highest quality possible. However I don't care about the quality of the standard previews for every image in my catalog, and even with standard previews set to the lowest pixel size option, my previews file on my computer is still massive because I need to have the "Preview Quality" setting on High. I need my 1:1 previews to be the highest quality, but I wish there was an option for me to separately set the quality of standard previews to low in order to reduce the the storage that the previews file takes up on my computer.

I'm running LRC 12.2.1 on an apple silicon mac and this option is not available to my knowledge.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?