• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Shades of grey for different selection states are not different enough

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has three different levels of selection (not selected, selected, most selected) and represents this state with different colors of grey. This is a poor choice, because they are very difficult to differentiate.

For instance, it's very difficult to identify the beginning or the end of a long selection when scrolling, because everything is just grey.

Please make the colors customizable, or at least set them to easily distinguishable colors.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
32 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 31 August, this community will have a module named Ideas. You can post your idea in that community. Why after 31 August? Because the former proper place for this would have been to the official feedback site, that feedback site is currently read only and being migrated over to the community site.

In the meantime, I like most of your fellow community members do not work for Adobe. And we have no more influence on Adobe than yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been multiple (i.e. dozens, if not hundreds) similar requests since the first Lr1.0 was released back in February 2007.  The closest we have to a formal Adobe response can be seen in Lightroom Desktop (cloud version of Lightroom), which was released in late 2017. I've included a screenshot below in case you've not had an opportunity to check it out. Does the fine white line against dark grey help or is it Adobe thumbing their noses at us?

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators: Please merge this post with the existing Idea (which has 16 votes):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/lightroom-shades-of-grey-for-different-select... 

- Mod note, merged into existing feature request

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a small thing but at the same time quite frustrating from my point of view. Below we have these icons of the photo we are processing but they all have a slight gray and the photo we are developing is not highlighted by a clear color but by a slight white/grey... in my opinion it is not visible at all! Many times I look down to see which is the next photo and I hardly ever understand which is the photo highlighted between the icons because that slight white/grey mark doesn't make it stand out at all!! I would highly recommend making a strong but fine red mark at the same time around the icon of the photo I'm working on because that way it's instantly visible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with you, same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate