• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Swap Develop panels for Left-Handers

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a left-hander, and I find that using a Wacom tablet with Lightroom is incredibly cumbersome at times. This is due to the fact that all of the develop panels are on the right side of the screen, and accessing them with my pen means crossing my arm all the way across my body to the right so that the pen can access the sliders on the right panel. My idea is to add a "left-handed mode" that would simply swap the location of the left/right panels, making it easier to access the develop (and other currently-right-sided) panels when using a pen tablet.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to Adobe Photography Products were released today and now contain this new feature. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version “12.0”. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
91 Comments
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Left-handedness is a "divsersity issue" to those of us who are left-handed.  C'mon Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree - a left handed option is essential and should never have been left this late. Especially as more and more laptops have touch screens nowadays. To me this would seem a quick win for Adobe, being a simple change with great impact for a lot of people. Please develop this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe: it is time to add this feature to all of your applications as more and more people are using them on mobile devices. You cannot expect >10% of your users to continue using your apps when you are ignoring a basic need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a LrC feature request. Would it be possible to make the 2 panels in each view swapable? I am like many others a left handed Wacom tablet user and swapping the panels would eliminate the need for me to reach across the screen with my pen to access the most used right hand panel. I have PS set up this way and it is a time saver over a few images.

------------------------------

Merged post to existing FR

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you can modify your original post, and place this under "Ideas" rather than "Discussions", but that would put your feature request into the proper place. Otherwise, maybe someone can move it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I do with the other Adobe software I use, I like to move the panels into a a customized workspace. One thing I'm not enjoying about LRC is the lack of customization options. I'm dealing with it, but I'd rather not. Also, I'm a lefty, too. I like to keep my panels/toolbars on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a lefty, too. I somehow found it cumbersome, crossways all the time. Never had a thought about why until your post stroke me like lightning. SWAP PANELS...! YES, PLEASE

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's own words.

At Adobe, we believe that when people feel respected and included they can be more creative, innovative, and successful. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re investing to move our company and industry forward. 

This has been an issue since at least 2014 but has not been addressed as of this date.  As a left-handed person I do not feel included or respected.  Please tell us why, Adobe, this request has not been granted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now 8 years old and still not sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ye, it s a musttodo thing Adobe.

It s fairly impossible to work with a drawing tablet in  Lr as lefty.

i know we are only a very small part of ur customers but we pay the fee as everyone else so think also about us pls.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blows my mind that more than 15 years after the release of Lr, the panel sides cannot be swapped. Is the UI really so fixed that it can't easily be changed? Who codes a UI like this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

inbound3727140032445801844.jpg

 I'm left-handed and trying to use Lightroom Classic on a Surface Pro 8.  As you can see, it's basically unusable in this configuration.

How about making it so the panels can be swapped to the other side for us people that use the right side of our brains?

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to use Lightroom because for less money I can get lightroom and 1TB of cloud storage but switched to Capture One simply because they remembered left handed people exist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

Updates to Adobe Photography Products were released today and now contain this new feature. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version “12.0”. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate