• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Updated healing tool in LRC that understands contrast lines.

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to propose a substantial update to the spot healing/clone tool in LRC. It's BY far the number one reason to leave LRC and use other tools. It does not do any analysis of contrast and lines near or in the marked area to heal or clone.
ESPECIALLY if you wish to remove something along the border of the image using healing it is useless. The repair proposed, always fades away from black outside the image in the first many pixels. The same happens inside an image if you mark something along a contrasty line. Please fix this so the tools understands lines and proposes heals with the same contrast/line as the surroundings.

Idea Started
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Check out Content-Aware Remove in today's release! Does it get you what you need?

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Content-Aware Remove in today's release! Does it get you what you need?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content aware can only do so much. I have a flag pole that can't be removed from the top of the image or where it connects with the subject.

This is how the clone tool as in Photoshop for years as well.  You just have to be a little more creative creating the clone circles.  However, clone boxes (or automatic edge detection) that automatically aligned the clone tool to the edge would be a better solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure you know this: after you've cloned, you can drag the source (as well as the destination) so it alignes perfectly.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP is referring to when you're cloning a faded area.  Content aware help with this, but I have run into what the OP is reporting.  I like the new refresh tool that tries a few things, but experienced users prefer more control.  Specifically when the area has a curve or distance perspective, cloning from another area may not adjust the shading automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!! Very disaponted in the content aware update. For lack of better terms, it sucks comapted to photoshop. Id pay more for lightroom if they made it the same quality 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 12 Classic clone/healing tool you cannot see where the source is, only how large it is.  You can move things, but you don't know what you're moving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CA remove tool does not have a clone source. It reconstructs the pixels, it does not copy/paste them. The other tools work as before, but make sure you have not set the Tool Overlay in the lower left corner to 'Never', because that tells Lightroom to never show you the spots.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it, THANK YOU!  The overlay was set to never.  I've "never" changed it.  LOL  LR must have done this with the update.  The cloud update also reset my program location and installed everything on my C:  That wasn't cool either.  I reported it.  I don't mind them changing things IF they tell us, but they shouldn't be changing settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate