• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: What about a Photoshop.com Publish Collection plug-in?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2011 Mar 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like a Lightroom Publish Collection plug-in to publish directly to Photoshop.com from within Lightroom.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011
I'm happy to report that we now have a plug-in for Lightroom that allows publishing to Photoshop.com. Download it here

Thank you for submitting this idea, and everyone for voting for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
40 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking it one step further, what other features would you (as a Lightroom user) want to see on ps.com? New/different gallery sharing options? More privacy controls? Auto Watermarking? Nothing; it's good to go as is for your workflow? We often have internal discussions about how LR customers would like to utilize ps.com, but your direct input would be great to inform the discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2011 Apr 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know whether this exists already but a gallery that supported albums with slideshows and the ability for others to leave ratings and comments for photos would be great. The ability to have private URLs for selected albums would be the icing on the cake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2011 Apr 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substantially improving performance wouldn't go amiss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2011 Apr 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know whether this exists already but a gallery that supported albums with slideshows and the ability for others to leave ratings and comments for photos would be great. The ability to have private URLs for selected albums would be the icing on the cake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2011 Apr 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This falls in the category of FR's that I personally couldn't care less about, but I think would be a good idea for others...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Apr 08, 2011 Apr 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TK, have you checked out the galleries on photoshop.com. Here is a sample one: http://www.photoshop.com/users/PSdotC.... They have just about everything you asked for above except for ratings. There is even the ability to share a private URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2011 Apr 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jordan, thanks a lot for the pointer. It was good to be able to browse a sample gallery. A few comments:
1) Not a big fan of the bright background. There doesn't seem to be a way to customise this.
2) It would be great if guests could leave comments as well. Asking someone to register before they can comment is a bit awkward. The need for moderation (spammers, etc.) wouldn't be an issue with private URLs.
3) Would be great if one could stop the slideshow at a particular image, comment on it, and then resume the slideshow again.
Hope the above doesn't sound greedy. Just some suggestions for improvement. Otherwise the functionality looks very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2011 Apr 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop.com pretty much as my exclusive online tool for sharing photos, and here is my wish list for it:

(1) one-click uploading of ~both~ photos and videos from Lightroom. I'm open to using Express Loader as a go-between LR and PS.com, but don't want to have to create the folder structure twice.
(2) A setting in Premiere Pro for optimal video format for ps.com. (I understand that Premiere Elements (which I do not use) has this but Premiere Pro (I am quite sure) does not).
(3) I agree with TK: comments from non-members would be welcome.
(4) I have a hard time switching into slideshow mode when logged in; no issues when not logged in, though.
(5) More flexible and easier to understand security options: I'd like some folders to be password protected for easier and more secure sharing.
(6) For rural recipients who have slow internet, an option for them to cache the photos while they're away from the computer, so they can watch them smoothly. As it works now, they get somewhat frustrated.
(7) Another possibility for the slow internet users is to allow them to view a smaller lower resolution copy of the file.
(8) Upload performance has improved of late; it used to be a major frustration for me. Keep up the good work on that front.
(9) Better performance when uploading videos; right now it takes an hour or more before the video is coded and made ready for viewing.
(10) At some point in the future, being able to upload DNG files could become important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Apr 10, 2011 Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TK, thanks for the feedback not too greedy at all. I'm going to add each of your points above as a separate idea so that others can select "I like this idea too" and we can track all of them. Again, keep the ideas coming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2011 Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publicize ps.com more I did not even know of its existence and what it can all do thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is a plugin, any chance it coule be released separately without having to wait for next major release of Lightroom? (Per adobe.com forum, this may have been under development for some time.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a Lightroom and/or Photoshop plugin I can use with Photoshop.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to report that we now have a plug-in for Lightroom that allows publishing to Photoshop.com. Download it here

Thank you for submitting this idea, and everyone for voting for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading the Plugin results in a Folder with .txt and .lua files plus a couple .pngs

however, if I right click on the Download Button and choose Download Linked File. I get the Plugin.

Mac OS 10.6.7
Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Install:
- Until Adobe "remedies" the distribution, if they do, first unzip the contents of the downloaded zip to a folder named PhotoshopDotCom.lrplugin.
- File Menu -> Plugin Manager
- Click 'Add' button
- Select lrplugin folder (which should look like "A Plugin" on Mac at this point).
- Click 'OK'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hint for what? I was merely noting that clicking the Blue Download Button on the site resulted in a folder of files and not the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hint for installing the downloaded plugin.

Perhaps the hint you really needed is:

First, unzip the contents to a folder named after the zip file, namely: PhotoshopDotCom.lrplugin

Perhaps you needed no hint, but others might...

I agree with what you are probably getting at: the lrplugin folder should be at top level of the zip, instead of the files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry David, I changed the previous post on you - hopefully clearer now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No,
you're missing my point. Using the Blue Download Button resulted in a folder with these files.

PxUser.lua
PxServers.lua
PxPluginInfoProvider.lua
PxLinks.lua
PxGlobals.lua
PxExportServiceProvider.lua
PxAPI.lua
Info.lua
TranslatedStrings_zh_tw.txt
TranslatedStrings_zh_cn.txt
TranslatedStrings_sv.txt
TranslatedStrings_pt.txt
TranslatedStrings_nl.txt
TranslatedStrings_ko.txt
TranslatedStrings_ja.txt
TranslatedStrings_it.txt
TranslatedStrings_fr.txt
TranslatedStrings_es.txt
TranslatedStrings_en.txt
TranslatedStrings_de.txt
ps_com_app_title.png
ps_com_app_icon.png
ps_com_app_icon_small.png

Not a PhotoshopDotCom.lrplugin.zip file.

Right clicking on the button and selecting download linked file resulted in the zipped file as expected.
No hinting to me or others will help them if they get the same folder of files as I did.

I posted my finding so someone could address the flaw with the Download Button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David - if you follow my instructions above, it will work.

The "problem" you are having *is* understood, and I agree, it would behoove Adobe to take action. In the mean time, it is installable/usable right now, if you know how.

Please forgive if you did not need these instructions, but others might...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok David, it worked as expected with the resulting zip file for me and must for Rob as well I assume. What is the folder you are getting named and what is your OS and browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, a plugin zip will look inside like:
- blah-blah.lrplugin folder containing lua files...
- maybe a readme file...

But the present distribution contains:
- files that need to be in a lrplugin folder before they can be installed (e.g. lua files).

That's the problem.

The key to the workaround is making sure to unzip into a folder with .lrplugin suffix/extension.

The long-term "fix" is to package the zip "properly".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys,

Im not having a problem, I am merely pointing out what I got with a single click on the Download Button. (Something that would confuse many people who don't right click and save linked file.)

I believe I stated this in my original post along with the OS and browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

I see now that you have successfully installed the plugin - I missed that first time around - sorry for not reading more closely.

Hopefully others may still benefit from the additional information provided until Adobe addresses the issue you have raised.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I missed the detail David, I use 10.5.8 and Safari 5.05 and it works as expected. What was the folder named??

Votes

Translate

Translate