• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: add a confirmation prompt before closing the import window

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's another huge event and due to my short attention span I once again have managed to press escape instead of the tilde key and will have to go through a few hundred pictures once again. Would you please be kind and make the import window a little more difficult to close by accident? Or should I just find a better workflow to avoid these kind of things in the future? Many thanks, all the best

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this such a huge event? You can simply reopen the dialog with 'File - Import Photos &Videos', can't you?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohanElzengaat least my version (10.2) doesn't remember checked states so all the checking progress is gone when you close the import window - that's the problem. or is there a feature like that already built in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is indeed, but not many people seem to know that. At the bottom center of the import dialog, you can save an 'Import Preset'. That saves all these settings, such as the destination folder, keywords and other settings of the right panel.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I take it you are accidentally clicking on Done instead of Import?

User error, we all do it, not a huge problem that calls for request for change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One very quick and efficient solution to this issue is to use Photo Mechanic to ingest and cull your images on the drive before even opening Lightroom Classic. Culling with Photo Mechanic is very fast, the more images you have in a set, the more time you will save over Lightroom Classic. Once the folder is culled, you have no decisions to make during Lightroom Classic import. Just import them all.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option at the bottom right of the import dialog to save your import settings for future imports. See the screen capture, just click the Done button.

Screenshot 2021-09-11 at 4.35.32 PM.png 

Screenshot 2021-09-11 at 4.59.05 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DdeGannes The problem is that the OP sometimes dismisses the import dialog by mistake. What the 'Done' button does is irrelevant in that case. The only way to get back to your import settings quickly is to save your most commonly used settings as import presets.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate