• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop, Lightroom Desktop, Lightroom Classic: Touchpad gestures on Windows 10 devices with precision touchpad

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gestures on the touchpad are currently notsupported in nearly all Adobe CC Apps, Photoshop being one of them. On Windows10, there is no way to scroll diagonally on a touchpad, nor can you use a"pinch to zoom (in/out)" gesture. Scrolling is limited to horizontaland vertical, but only one dimension at a time.

I'm using a Surface Book 2. With its touchscreen, I am ableto use these gestures. On the touchpad however, this isn't possible. 

My workflow is heavily slowed down by this. I've been using aMacBook before and all gestures were supported - why isn't that the case on Windows?

Microsoft provides precision touchpad drivers for many devices. These drivers create a greattouchpad experience on any device using them. It's the way forward for Windows10 laptops. 

I would love being able to use these gestures. They would speedup everyone's workflow significantly and create an ease of use I come to expectfrom all of the Adobe CC Apps.

In Adobe XD, these gestures are available. Lightroom CC (andClassic CC) support them too (They could be a bit smoother and more responsive inall of them though)

Illustrator and InDesign aren't supported too.

(I'm on the latest CC Version on all Apps - I'm on Windows 10Pro Version 1803 with all the latest updates)
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good trackpad gestures on Windows would be great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wonder if adobe will add the free pan with touchpad (two finger gestures like on macos) on windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this going to be implemented? I'm feeling like a second class citizen behind Mac users. This isn't rocket science.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reminder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2019 Sep 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:hourglass_not_done: Maybe some kind of acknowledgement? Are you working on it? Are you planning to work on it? Will this be in CC20?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this doesn't make the CC 2020 release I'm going to be heavily disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "feature" (more like basic functionality) is still absent from the new CC 2020!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, you somehow forgot our wish from 503 days ago. Since you didn't bother with the issue I also got sloppy with the anniversary. Sorry about that. You've probably been busy counting money, but I can forgive you if you make up for it with a belated christmas present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is incredible that this basic feature in still not present in Adobe CC 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could do many simple Indesign works comfortably with the touchpad anywhere, correct photos in photoshop... but no, I have to sit at a table with a mouse in my hand.

If I have to urgently modify a document before a presentation, grab a mouse, if I want to quickly edit some photos on a trip, mouse...

I wouldn't mind if it was an operating system problem, it's my choice (or not) to work with Windows, but it's not the case, and in a commercial software like Adobe it's almost an insult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021 - Still not implemented. Will this ever happen? *david_tristram_7eclu56xf1us9  @Rikk @JeffreyTranberry 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

February 2021 - Still waiting for an answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukas.  I'm sorry I cannot say if or when this problem will be addressed.  I am but a lowly engineer and I go where they send me.  I do sympathize with you and I understand that it feels like a big company with good revenue should be able to address what looks like a simple issue.  All I can say is there are many many simple issues and the team constantly sifts and prioritizes them in order to produce the best result for the most people.  The inputs and criteria contributing to that process are complex and again, can make it seem like simple things are ignored.  Thanks for caring about this one, I appreciate your passion.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank your for the reply. I hear you, and understand the reasons you listed. I just want the issue to get noticed. In these forums it's hard to tell whether someone reads it or not. It often feels like actively nagging is the only way to be heard by these big companies. I'm sorry if I was too invasive with this.

If you have the opportunity, I would be grateful if you could communicate this to someone who manages the product.

Either way, thank you for the acknowledgement.

Votes

Translate

Translate