• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Saving custom file export name

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really love the custom naming scheme on file export, and I use it often. However my custom naming scheme depends on the situation, and I currently have half a dozen regularly used file naming schemes. I don't really like to have to look up the naming scheme each time and then reconstruct it because it was different from the previously used one. It would be great to to be able to save a naming scheme and then select for reuse!

(oh, and this interface needs many feature requests! For example I am forced to select one of four topics before proceeding with no option to change. None of the four apply. I came accross half a dozen usability issues on the way to this form. From someone else, OK, but from the vendor of usability products????) 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't really like to have to look up the naming scheme each time and then reconstruct it because it was different from the previously used one. It would be great to to be able to save a naming scheme and then select for reuse!

You can already save Rename presets. When constructing one of your templates in the Filename Template Editor (what you get when you select "Edit" in the File Naming section of the Export dialog), make your changes then click back in the "Preset" box and you'll see the option to "Save Current Settings as New Preset". Repeat for your other templates, then they'll all be available to select from as without having to reconstruct every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate