• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Using Help (Adobe Help application)

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I use Help there is an update for Adobe Air and an update for the help files. This makes it very annoying to use the help files. These should either update in the background, update once a month or show up as a notification in the Adobe updater.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind the updates as this keeps them current but what annoys me is no matter where you are in an Adobe app it always jumps to the index of the help menus. It used to go to the right area of the help section that related to where you were. Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update to the Help Client should have added a silent update feature. You can also disable the automatic updates by going to Preferences->Updater Settings.

Also note that those updates that the Help Client asks are for the help files that are stored on your hard drive and those are only used when you tell the Help Client to display/search only the local help or if you're not connected to the internet. If you're not planning to use the help files offline then simply tell the Help Client to not download them in the first place by going to Preferences->Download Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi: Version 3.5 of the Help app was released last week. We have completely revamped the update experience for both the local content notifications as well as the application update process itself. We know that users just want to get to the content first and foremost!

To update, simply open up the Help app from your hard disc (or press F1 from Photoshop CS5) or you can manually update at http://www.adobe.com/support/chc

More details, including info on other features like Tabs, History, etc., are available here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/835431

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2011 Apr 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter and Garry - let us know what you think of the 3.5 update that Nichoson posted about. If you don't like the Help app, why don't you set the preference to open in you web browser instead? Is that a better experience in your opinion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2011 Apr 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help file seems to be working better. I tried it with Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and there were no annoying updates. Help in Bridge triggered an update Air 2.6 but I thought one of the other apps had already upgrade to 2.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2011 Jul 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Can Air be added to the Application Manager so it is updated at the same time all the other applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate