• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

?:0: attempt to index field 'font' (a nil value)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update from Lightroom Classic (10.0) it is impossible to send the picture by the email function in LR. I got this message:?:0: attempt to index field 'font' (a nil value). Please come with a solution of an update!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your connection to  your email account  was disrupted. Try deleting and readding your email account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get that message starting a week or so ago.  I have removed and readded my email credentials and even removed and reinstalled lightroom classic.  No joy, it still happens.  Has anyone had this problem and actually solved it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes macos.  Thanks for the pointer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A known problem but when will it be solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of yesterday I, too, am getting: "An internal error has occurred: ? : 0: attempt to index field 'font' (a nil value)" when trying to export my photographs via email. 

I have tried to use both my gmail, icloud and bt addresses and got the same result with each of them.

I have ensured that the addresses are "validated".

This is driving me quietly insane......coping with Covid lockdowns is bad enough as it is!

Is there any sign of a solution to this obviously widespread problem??

Suggestions will be extremely gratefully received......but please make them easily understood by an old fart who isn't awfully computer confident!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't gotten an answer yet except that, at least on macos, it is s
known problem. Can't be s very hard one so I guess it is low priority.

I had switched to an older version of lightroom but the current version of
the catalogue is incompatible with the older version so i switched back
rather than try to solve that.

For now I am just exporting pics to the desktop and using Gmail directly
rather than through lightroom. Admittedly a pain in the backside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here:   

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-10-email-not-workin...

They updated Photoshop yesterday, maybe LR will follow soon. Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And following someone else's suggestion on this thread I set up Apple mail on my macbook pro (to read and send via gmail) and then changed lightroom classic 10 to use it  However, when I first tried to set up LRC to use the Apple mail app it wouldn't give it to me as a possible method in the Email Account Manager (one of the choices in the From field).  I then opened the Apple mail app and used its Preferences to make it the default mail readiong app (mail->preferences->general).  Then, voila, it appeared as a choice when I restarted LRC.  Unfortunately that affects other apps that want to use mail but I can live with it till LRC is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines