Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1:1 view in library is not showing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

I have a major problem for the last week. 
I cannot see my images at 1:1 in the library module. (see attached screen shot and do some math (screen is 2560 px wide and setup for 2560 pixels).
One shows the image in 1:1 the approx 1600 px of the viewable area is clearly less than half the image as seen in the Navigator panel. The other shows the problem that is happening 99% of the time. The viewable area is approximately 1600 px wide but the amount of a 3700 px image is nearly all of it. Obviously not 1:1. 

I have done everything with my previews. Deleted them and rebuilt them. Deleted the previews file and rebuilt it. 

I do not have the photos connected to the computer all the time, otherwise I would have no need for a 1:1 preview. According to lightroom everything is ok. Macbook is running High Sierra as it cannot take an upgrade (2014 model) Lightroom is up to date. 

Has anybody else had this problem? Anybody got a solution? I really need to work and have done pretty much nothing for the last week because I cannot see my 1:1 previews. 

Any and all help would be apreciated but I am in dispair as nobody has every posted anything similar anywhere. 

Stay safe everybody

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 14.21.47.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-25 at 15.30.57.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I got that correct

Using Smart Previews

Original photos not available at time of issue

Smart previews are smaller, limited quality, and will not behave as one would espect at 1:1

/edit/ and I stand corrected, Smart Previews will not be used to create 1:1 previews, you need access to the original photo for that. (see reply by JohanElzenga)

see

https://digital-photography-school.com/6-types-lightroom-previews/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working properly on my Windows 10 system runing LR Classic 9.2.1.

Build 1:1 Preview, Build Smart Preview, and remove original file. 1:1 Zoom looks the same and is full-size. What version of LR are you using? Keep in mind as soon as you apply a new Develop module edit to the Smart Preview the 1:1 Preview will disappear since it's no longer valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You confuse smart previews and 1:1 previews. Smart previews are needed if you want to edit your images while the original is offline. 1:1 previews are needed to zoom into a photo at 100% in the Library module (the develop module uses its own previews). 1:1 previews can obviously not be generated from a smart preview, because a smart preview is smaller. That means that you must generate 1:1 previews while the originals are online.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines