Highlighted

1,300 Missing Photos in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom classic on a MacBook. I used to use the regular ver. of Lightroom and decided to switch over to classic. I keep my photos on an external drive but every time my drive disconnects from classic it says the photos are missing. I never had this problem on just lightroom. Is there a way I can quickly find the missing photos? They are scattered across multiple folders on my external drive and Lightroom nor my macbook will allow me to search for the photos through any type of search bar. It acts like the photos dont exist when i can clearly see them in finder... Please help. 

If no solution, can someone reccomend better photo editing software cause im kind of over this BS

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1,300 Missing Photos in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom classic on a MacBook. I used to use the regular ver. of Lightroom and decided to switch over to classic. I keep my photos on an external drive but every time my drive disconnects from classic it says the photos are missing. I never had this problem on just lightroom. Is there a way I can quickly find the missing photos? They are scattered across multiple folders on my external drive and Lightroom nor my macbook will allow me to search for the photos through any type of search bar. It acts like the photos dont exist when i can clearly see them in finder... Please help. 

If no solution, can someone reccomend better photo editing software cause im kind of over this BS

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, make sure your ext hd is not going into power save.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I keep my photos on an external drive but every time my drive disconnects from classic it says the photos are missing."

This is what is supposed to happen when a drive is disconnected.

"Is there a way I can quickly find the missing photos?"

You should be able to plug the drive back in and everything will be fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0