• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1 tera of space - for what?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 65 000 pictures. 23 000 of those are in collections that are uploaded to cloud. Or so i thought. I see them on my phone and tablet. Still, in lightroom classic on my mac the could storage claims to be synced and up to date, taking 430 MB of my 1 TB. Why so little? Is there something i should know? Adobe chat people can't explain to me why my pictures don't take more space. They say they're uploading. The amount of space hasn't changed in a week and cloud has been up to date.

Why do i pay for 1 Tera if my pictures still aren't safely in cloud!?

(and why can't you just upload the folders, it took me 2 years to realize that pics need collections to be uploaded.......) 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom-Classic is not a 'full member' of the Creative Cloud ecosystem! It was not designed in 2005 to be Cloud compatible, so it has limitations.

The photos you sync from Collections in Lr-Classic will only send proxy (Smart Preview- long edge 2560pixels) images UP to the Cloud, and importantly- They DO NOT OCCUPY ANY SPACE in your 1TB of Cloud Storage. (The reason for your 400mB in Cloud).

OTOH - photos you Take on iPad, iPhone, android phone, and Import, to Mobile versions of Lightroom ( including computers PC/Mac with Lr v4.2) WILL occupy space in the 1TB as Full-size files. So if you Import/Add full-size files from a Camera to 'Mobile' versions of Lr, they will consume space in the 1TB and they will be full-size.

A good article here-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/synced-to-cloud/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines