Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

10.1.1 Laggy again

Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro, I7 5820, 32 GB memory, AMD 5700XT, SSDs

Installed 10.0 when it came out.  Other than the problems it had (different topic), it RAN pretty well.  Specifically, I could open a couple thousand images, build 1:1 previews and walk through them, with no lag.  Press right right arrow, image changes.  Period.  There was no perceptible lag.  Repeat indefinitely.

I've installed the updates since, including the current one - which I THINK is 10.1.1 (I'm not sure, but it's whatever is current).  It LAGS.  It's not as horrendous as some of the performance has been in the past, but doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING with EXACTLY THE SAME IMAGES, it lags.  Press the right arrow, wait, get next image.  Repeat ad nauseum.

I did a quick search in here for version 10 lag and found a lot of entries from OLDER versions but nothing for the current one.

So, yes, it's anecdotal.  But, NOTHING on the box changed between 9:15 running 10.1.1 or whatever is current, and 10:05 when 10.0 was back on and I ran EXACTLY the same folder of images.  It's not the system, it hasn't changed.  It's not the images - it's exactly the same ones in the same place.  Same catalog, same perviews, same drives, same other stuff going on (little to nothing).

Anyone have any useful information on how to get rid of the lag that ISN'T there in 10.0 and IS there in 10.1?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been sitting here a couple days...  I just saw the Lightroom Queen blog that talks about performance issues with v10+.  Is this one of the things people are complaining about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines