• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

10.2 makes Lightroom unable to open any catalog

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac, running MacOS 10.3.1 When I upgrade to Lightroom Classic 10.2, it is unable to open any calalog, even a new catalog it creates.  I've tried dumping all the preferences and reinstalling LR 10.2, but the problem persists.

Rolling back to LR 10.1.1 fixes the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

A couple others have reported the same symptoms when upgrading to 10.2:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-102-message-the-catalog-could-not-be-opened-due-to-an-unexpected-error/6053bbc46a47e07e023ea606 

Please add details of your issue to the bug report -- since it's only been reported by a couple others, it's intermittent and Adobe needs more reports and details. Be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe in detail what happens when you try to make a new catalog and when you try to open an existing catalog.  Screenshots of the entire LR window and error messages would be preferrable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standard dialogue box opens - 'Unexpected error opening catalogue...choose a different, make new, try again"

I can't screenshot it as i've rolled back to LR 10.1.1 so that I can continue working, but there is really nothing to see beyone the standard dialoge box. The app opens as normal,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple others have reported the same symptoms when upgrading to 10.2:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-102-message-the-cat... 

Please add details of your issue to the bug report -- since it's only been reported by a couple others, it's intermittent and Adobe needs more reports and details. Be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I started having similar issues a few days ago. Lightroom classic version 10. takes a long time to load. Many times i just have the black canvas on with no error signs. Other times it tells me that the catalog is not opening because it is already open, even though that is not the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines