• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

105_c in filename

New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does 105_c mean in my photo filename?  It seems to be the edited preview, but I don't know.   It's the same filename up to that point, then adds the 105_c.  My files were migrated from Photos and it completely changed all my file names and restructured the sequencing.  

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where, how, are you seeing this 105_c in the File Name.

I suspect you may be looking in the LR Previews folder which is NOT your actaul image file and or Files.

That folder, LR CatalogName Previews.lrdata, is where LR the program stores it previews of your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's at the end of the filename, before the extension.  It does seem to be a preview.  It is much smaller than the same file without the 105_c.  These are files I have migrated from Photos to Lightroom. The 105_c files show up separately from the others; that is: my photos are in order, then at the end the 105_c's show up.   It's disconcerting to have 3 copies of many of my photos (as my edited photos from Photos seem to be designated with a 201 at the end of the filename). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then they may have been some type of "Photos" ( the Apple program) preview files that somehow got imported into the LR Classic catalog when you migrated.

Please show us a Screen shot of the Full LR Classic program window showing these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  I do appreciate it.  

That is what it seems to be.  To me, that means I don't want to work from these files.  So, do you think it's safe to delete them?  The 'originals' show up in a separate folder, as i have them arranged by date.  The 205_c pics seem to be the date I download from my camera.  

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 5.38.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are clearly previews. They should not have been imported in the first place, so you can safely delete them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines