Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

14 Pending Sync on Lightroom Desktop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 14 pending files to sync from Lightroom Mobile. They've successfully uploaded to the web but for some reason are stuck pending and not downloading on Lightroom on my Mac.

I can view them fine on the web browser. Any suggestions on how I can get these final 14 files downloaded?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Hi craigcullum,

You may try sign out & sign in from the Lightroom desktop app on your mac and check if that helps.

Also, you may refer the below discussion.

Lightroom mobile not syncing

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi craigcullum,

You may try sign out & sign in from the Lightroom desktop app on your mac and check if that helps.

Also, you may refer the below discussion.

Lightroom mobile not syncing

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Mohit, I tried signing in and out, deleting the Sync.lrdata folder too and neither worked.

I ended up just deleting all data in my lightroom cloud, it's the nuclear option but I lost interest in trying to get it resolved. I'll probably change my workflow and move away from using Lightroom Cloud as my travel workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem with 2 Ipads. After deleting and downloading the Lightroom APPs the pending problem disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to lightroom.adobe.com and delete all your synced photos or folders there and start again.

Or...it may be that you accidentally have more than one catalog synced, from, perhaps, using a backup catalog as your new main catalog.

In that case go to preferences, delete all data (it will only affect your mobile sync, not your catalog or files), and choose a new catalog to sync from. Make sure it is the one that you are currently using to edit and manage your files.

Then simply re-sync the collections you want to sync.

Will only take you a matter of minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - thousands of images in "pending" state - what does this mean?  I mean, downloading and uploading are obvious, but pending means what exactly?  I do know that if I click the link in LR Classic Preferences/Sync summary list, I get a webpage that spins for a long time (10-60 minutes), but then usually comes up with a full and complete image with attributes, develop settings, etc.  So obviously the questionable image made it to the cloud.  And in fact, I can see, edit, and adjust that image from lightroom.adobe.com, and sometimes from Lightroom CC, or mobile apps.

I also know that the questionable image will remain pending for at leat 48h, unless I remove it from all sync'd collections using lightroom.adobe.com, in which case after a while (more than 10 minutes) it drops out of the pending collection.

I also know that I unsync'd 20-30 new collections and removed all their images from the cloud.  This caused my Lightroom Classic to immediately start uploading another (different) 12k images, which tool all night.  And now my "pending" collection has gotten bigger - up from 2k 2 days ago, 4k yesterday, 5k today.

I have subset catalogs, but I've checked that they do not sync to the cloud.

Is it possible that switching to a new computer for LRClassic could have led to conflicting tweaks to the cloud data?  I made a clean switch from old to new, and haven't restarted the LRClassic on the old computer, but it's likely there were outstanding updates to make from that computer when I decommissioned it.  If so, what should I do to resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have thousands of images synced. but now recently I have 8 stuck in uploading / pending state. New images sync but these 8 never change. What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the advice from John Naccarato and solved the problem. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGCvjy9HqBQ&t=11s

I clicked  Edit > Preference and selected the Lightroom Sync tab. I pressed down the ALT key (I'm not sure what that would be on the  Mac) and a Rebuild Sync Data button appeared. I pressed the button and accepted the warning message. Lightroom closed and restarted. I clicked the Cloud icon and clicked the Resume button. The sync process took several minutes but the error message went away. 

2020-08-25_10-11-08.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rebuild Sync Data solves the problem for now but it reappears.
It seams, that this behaviour started with LRC 9.4. I can't remember, that this problem appeared earlier.

In my case, all affected fotos that are in pending sync state, are only JPG filetype (never RAW), are old (>10y) and untouched. The fotos are selected by random. Every time, when there are fotos in pending sync state other fotos are affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines