2 Versions of Lightroom on my desktop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi..... i upgraded from Lightroom 2015.6.1 to Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 a few months ago. I still have both versions on my Windows 10 desktop but only using the new one. i seem to have 2 catalogs now as the new version i use has Lightroom Catalog 2 on the top of the program when it is opened.
Can i safely uninstall the old version without it affecting the new version or catalog?

Also I am getting a new desktop within a week probably so would i need to worry about the old version of lightroom and just move the new catalog over to the new computer?

Vicki 

TOPICS
How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 2015.6.1  ie. Lightroom v6 from 2015- way old!

Can i safely uninstall the old version without it affecting the new version or catalog?

Yes.  You do have backups of your current working catalog Lightroom Catalog-2  don't you!

Also I am getting a new desktop within a week probably so would i need to worry about the old version of lightroom

No.

and just move the new catalog over to the new computer?

Yes. But there is some more things to consider - eg. re-installing Lr-Classic (now at v10 ) and Presets, etc.

Read Instructions here-

Move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.2, Photoshop 22.3, Lightroom 4.2, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines