2019 27 in 5k iMac Shuts down while using Lightroom (HELP)

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019  27in 5k IMac

Version 10.15.7

3.6Ghz 8-core Intel Core I9

64GB 2667 MHZ DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8GBOk 

I have been having issue with 27 iMac shutting down while using Lightroom.
This happens during normal use. Applying presets adjusting white balance, brightness.
Nothing major . Times very, but it may be 20 min or 30 min before it shuts down. Sometimes less then a min.

I have been to apple store. On first visit it showed I had bad memory and it was replaced. Sadly issue still there. On second visit they ran complete diagnostic and everything came back normal no issues detected. At this stage I factory reset my Mac . I have purchased 64gb memory from crucial. I had the original Apple memory replaced. Unfortunately the issue is still there. Something is wrong but I cannot figure out what. I am turning to all of you for some guidance.

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer crashing is always a bad driver, or a hardware malfunction. Re-install all drivers. Run diagnostics on ALL hardware, and make sure the cooling system is working properly (all fans running, no vents blocked, case vaccuumed out)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more