• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2020 16" MBP AMD Radeon Pro 5600M capability with LR and PS

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to upgrade my 15" mid 2014 MBP and was researching and interested in purchasing a 2020 16" MBP and am wondering if Lightroom and Photoshop are comparable with this new graphic card: AMD Radeon Pro 5600M with 8 GB of HBM2 memory. And have the issues with the AMD Radeon Pro 5500M been fixed yet? On my current machine, I have the NVIDA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB and Lightroom does not allow me to use this GPU for image processing - only for display.  I would be really, really upset if the hardware on the 2020 16" MBP doesn't work with your software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought the same, and having all sorts of problems with 5600M in photoshop, illustrator and indesign. I am beginning to doubt this was a good purchase

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also bought the same, MacBook Pro AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8GB and having all sorts of graphical issues including unpredictable, major color shifts to banding on boarders and flickering during selection.  It is really a bummer considering these issues interfere witht the reason I purchased a notebook with a high end card and lots of memory on board it.  Anyone able to help with answers?  Here we are in December and still issues as Victoria mentions above.  I will need to return this MacBook Pro to Apple store soon if I can't find a solution.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does LrC v10.1 help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Mr Golding,

Recieved update notifications and ran the updates for versions Lightroom Classic 10.1 and Photoshop 22.1 just now.  I'll be working on photos tonight for competition so at this time it is TBD whether there are any improvements.  I am so beside myself regarding the color issues especially and have tried many of the color profiles.  If the issues aren't resolved I will have to return this computer to Apple and purchase a Windows computerm, which will give me the capability of more graphics cards.  The MacBook Pro I just replaced also had issue with color management but what I experienced over last weekend with the new highend MacBook Pro i9 32GB 2TB Radeon Pro 5600M 8GB was totally unexpected.

It is really putting a damper on my productivity with my deadline for entries being tomorrow.  Again, any help is always appreciated.  I love Apple but... may not have any choice but to rid myself of this Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines